Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It brings a tear to my eye when...

Options
  • 02-07-2002 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭

...I see advertsiments in UK magazines attempting to entice people to get broadband with low prices (stg£29.99 a month for 512kbs), unambiguous language (no mention of "Hi-Speed") and 24/7 flat rate connectivity.
    There are now even broadband advertisements in broadsheet newspapers and on television for Freeserve and other providers. I ask myself how long it will be before we see anything even remotely like that over here, then I usually bang my head off the wall repeatedly for several minutes.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

Yes and also on UK channels like MTV and Discovery that don't carry Irish ads. It is all the more frustrating because these are the things that Government advisory bodies have been saying are essential for the future of the country.

Advertisement