Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know the name of this song and who sings it...

Options
  • 02-07-2002 6:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭

Lyrics go ".... can't go on, thinking nothings wrong. Who's gonna drive (or maybe he said 'take'?) you home tonight ..."

It's defo an 80's song and is a ballad. It sounds like something Paul Young would have done, not that I can claim to be an expert on the guy. It's very cheesy but it's wrecking my head and need to know the name so I can dispel it forever!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭francie brady

It's one of those songs that everyone knows it but doesn't know who sang it. Paul Young sounds like a safe bet or maybe mike and the mechinics. But i don't know sorry. Maybe i shouldn't have posted

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Its called Drive by The Cars

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭atonal

The Cars - Drive - Heartbeat City 80's indeed, classic tune!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭The Gopher

Pigman-Wouldnt it have been quicker to go to google,enter the first few lyrics and get your anwser in seconds?I dont know why people ask what lyrics are from which song and by who when you can just go to google and enter any of the lyrics you remember and get the anwser instantly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Pigman

Originally posted by The Gopher
    Pigman-Wouldnt it have been quicker to go to google,enter the first few lyrics and get your anwser in seconds?I dont know why people ask what lyrics are from which song and by who when you can just go to google and enter any of the lyrics you remember and get the anwser instantly.

Might have been gopher! I already tried looking for it in yahoo.com (with no positive results) before writing here so rest assured do I always try the search engines before wasting the precious time of people like youself on boards.ie.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭The Gopher

Pigman,I tell you this for the good of yourself and all users who have not experienced the technoligical milestone that is Google-YAHOO IS SHI*E!!!!!!If your looking for the best site on a certain subject then it isnt too bad but if you have an extremely specific inquiry e.g only knowing one line from a certain song than Google is your only credible call.
    By the way that wasnt meant to be insulting to you for not realising:)(presuming you didnt of course) The highly strung langauge was to convey Yahoos limited capibilitys so no offense intended:) ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Pigman

Originally posted by The Gopher
    Pigman,I tell you this for the good of yourself and all users who have not experienced the technoligical milestone that is Google-YAHOO IS SHI*E!!!!!!If your looking for the best site on a certain subject then it isnt too bad but if you have an extremely specific inquiry e.g only knowing one line from a certain song than Google is your only credible call.
    By the way that wasnt meant to be insulting to you for not realising:)(presuming you didnt of course) The highly strung langauge was to convey Yahoos limited capibilitys so no offense intended:) ;)

No worries, it's cool!

I had always been under the impression that Yahoo and Google were essentially the same search engine because they seemed to come up with exactly the same results every time I was looking for something.

Yeah, Yahoo had always served me well in the past in respect respect to finding song titles but I'll probably kick into touch and go for google next time.

FAILURE WILL NOT BE TOLERATED!

Advertisement