Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Mohaa test server

Options
  • 02-07-2002 10:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Im going to set one up on Sunday night either that or Opflash.
    I want to leave it running for a few days.
    but b4 i do i would like it know what the interest is in one.

Its on the Solo DSL(XP Pro /900mhz 384 RAM nothing else will be running on it ) i have tested it already with US/Canadian ppl on it and they had decent pings but i want to test it with irish pl only.

Password will be "boards"
    Will be running from Sunday night till wednesday morning or thereabouts.
    Will only use basic included OBJ maps.
    And limit it to 12 ppl .
    Anyone interested in joining it ???

There is a reason for this test bascially i think UK has plenty of servers i want to test out our DSL and see if we can get Irish ppl playing games on Irish servers and get half decent pings.
    Maybe if this works other DSL users will open their connections for hosting dedicated servers when they arent using the PC.
    I also have Jk2/SOF2 C&C renegade CS/HL DOD .
    I want to test them all out.

Kdja

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

mohaa is so lame its not even funny.

throw up a jk2 server, i'm sure it'd get more people intrested..

that or a quake3 one or somehitng

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

I-Stream Solo DSL?

3GB cap...then 3 cent a megabyte thereafter - watch your step...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,883 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I wish there was an Irish SoF2 server, its a good fun game but have to always play on laggy UK/Dutch servers till we get an irish one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

I-Stream Solo DSL?
    3GB cap...then 3 cent a megabyte thereafter - watch your step...

I have tested it on a 6 hour trial with 6 players,
    I want to test it over 24 hours and see what the dload is.

I average myself 100mb a day surfing and gaming(im off work all day weds thurs fri sat ).
    I dont use the PC for 3 days a week (sun mon tues)cos of work .

4 weeks (shifts) of the month = a 1.2 dload carry over but instead of dloading i want to see if i can use that to host a server for Irish players.

If i try and the dload limit is too much or pings are crappy i wont continue but without trying it I wont know :)
    Kdja

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭phoenix2181

do it man, I would like to finally play a decent game of mohaa over the net, & also what about renegade?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Wow ,go ahead m8,ive being with a UK based MOH clan since its release,its a great game online but with my 56k it can be laggy at evening times,after 11 pm i get great ping.
    I play CS on Irish servers and ping is excellent on them.
    Count me in please.:)

Advertisement