Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mail accounts

• 04-09-2001 8:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭

Bit of a problem, just got my a/c wiped from a server I have been using for the past 9 months (cos im not working there anymore heh) but anyway I'm looking for a decent free mail address with pop3 access.
    I've found several sites with decent domain names but unfortunaly most of their signups are either broken or aren't taking new people on.

Any suggestions would be pretty sweet, cheers, cos if theres one thing I can't stand its yahoo, hotmail and their horrible webmail clones.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Unison.ie will give you a free email, without having to use their ISP, you can sign up here, and just pretend you're applying for their free Internet service.(don't download the IE bit when they ask you to!!)

BTW, their mail server is mail.unison.ie for pop3 and smtp.
    "I don't think anything I've ever done is wrong" - Dr. Homer Simpson

[This message has been edited by seamus (edited 04-09-2001).]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

Eircom.net do that too, as will any isp, I assume.

autoreg.eircom.net

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭morgana

Try www.GMX.com - German company, just select English in the drop-down box in the top right hand corner. smtp and pop3, plus webmail interface. Very reliable, I have been using gmx for years now. Addresses offered are whatever@gmx.net, de, at, ch and a couple of others which I forgot. If you use pop3/smtp access there is no ad added to your mail so no-one can tell it is a free mail account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

yeah this was more of a final check before I signed up for an esatclear one as a last resort.

[Edit]
    Just seen that gmx site, looks very nice and have signed up, cheers man.

[This message has been edited by Kali (edited 04-09-2001).]

Advertisement