Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best car CD player/radio?

• 04-09-2001 6:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭

What's the best CD/radio for a car? When I'm rich (when I get paid for all this work), I'm going to upgrade from the yoke I've got now, a Kenwood.

One thing: it has to be able to get BBC Radio 4 (in other words, have an AM band as well as an FM one), as well as RnaG, RnaL, RTE and Lyric. Never succeeded in getting Today on the current one.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Basically its all down to money here and how much your gonna spend, e.g. Goodmans or Alpine, I can't imagine that many new units don't have AM, so your alright there, your car an import is it? (iirc some japanese models don't have AM... but thats far from a fact)

Also it might be worth putting money aside for a new set of speakers for the car if your getting a cd player (and like your music crackle and distortion free).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Fand

Goodmans? Alpine? Cé h-iad siad sin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

just the contrasts:

Goodmans - **** cheap, ugly, a black twirly dial yet still deliver the goods (eventually).

Alpine - expensive, beautiful, lots of fancy buttons and great performance.

You should be able to pick up a sony 10cd changer with a cd tuner for around the 350 quid mark.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

http://www.incarexpress.co.uk/focus.php3?partno=KDCMP6090R

i'm getting this at the end of the month, why play cd's when u can play mp3's? smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Ba$tard

BELIEVE ME WHEN I SAY:
    The best Headunit in the world has got to be the Nakamichi MB-75 in-dash 6-CD changer. Does not look pretty, but this is definately one of the purest headunits in the world. Hi Voltage output and fantasic signal-to-noise ratio..
    http://www.nakamichi.com/

But you could go for a Pioneer 8100 or Kenwood Mask if you want bells and whistles and decent tweakable sound.

P.S. if you are running standard/stock car speakers...you can get away with _almost_ anything...it wont matter..the weakest component in yer system is yer speaker sounds reproduction.

IF ANYONE ELSE GOT ANY Q's just drop 'em into the Cars section and I'll try answer 'em

Ba$tard

• Advertisement
Advertisement