Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dust In Machine

• 02-07-2002 11:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭

Had my computer open yesterday and i noticed the amount of dust in my machine! just big tufts of stuff, was thinking of takin the dyson to it, althought i began to think could i damage it somehow.

so anyone got a really simple and effective way of removing dust from your machine? cause it definitely aint doin the machine any good.

j3st3r

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

The proper way, as with cameras is supposed to be that you blow the dust out of the machine. You can get small er, anti-hoovers (for want of a better term) for this. They're meant for camera use so it'll take you bloody ages.

I've used the vacuum on machines in a very careful way. Bottom line is that dust causes heat buildup and can cause static electricity to build up (though I'm not sure if the latter is really a threat unless you're talking lumps of the stuff)

Maybe a paintbrush for the delicate parts? Turn the motherboard upside down and blow on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

"Can O Air"
    Any office supply shop or maybe even Peats or Maplin will have them.

Its bascialy a Can of Air:)
    Good pressure and will clean the dust out easily.
    I get them from work and they buy them from Corporate Express.
    But when your PC is clean resist the urge to use it to blow paper airplanes around and stuff.

Kdja

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭CodeMonkey

Or get yourself one of those no case computers like this ... http://www.g-news.ch/articles/nhp200nc/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

watch out with thise can of air use the straw and dont hold it near the pc

Advertisement