Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Norton Antivirus 2002

• 03-07-2002 12:41am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭

My free subscription has expired. I don't want to renew but a reminder thingy comes up every day at the most annoying times, even during games. Does anyone know how to turn it off. I nearly uninstall it at this stage. I could do without this irritation.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Reinstalling Windows will solve all your problems (your subscription will effectively start again).

Or I'm sure wiping Norton totally out of the registry and reinstalling that will do likewise.

How are you updating Norton now? Manually?

Is it a "your subscription has expired" warning that keeps annoying you or a "your virus definitions are not up to date" warning? If it's the latter, updating manually will do the trick.

The pompous word of warning: an out of date virus scanner is a dangerous thing. You think you're protected but you're not, at least not against anything new. The sub renewal is only a few dollars, isn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭phoenix2181

does anyone know the last update of norton anivirus cam e out cause mine says it was the 15/5/02 & when I get to update it says that my software is up to date even though the warning sign appears (saying its out of date)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

My Norton Systemworks/Internet only 2 weeks old and still ahve a year left ,let a bleedin virus in had to delete my Xp registy and copy a new one from original Cd.
    Then the damn thing puts the clock forward a year.my Sub is out of date now .
    3rd issue i have had with this damn Norton since i got it.

At least their support is fairly quick and you always get an answer.

Kdja

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I'd rather uninstall norton. The reminder "Your subscription has expired" comes up. Can you not just turn it off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by phoenix2181
    does anyone know the last update of norton anivirus cam e out cause mine says it was the 15/5/02 & when I get to update it says that my software is up to date even though the warning sign appears (saying its out of date)

My virus definition date is 03/07 (today)

(just did an update - before that it was 26/06)

I usually remember to update once a week (autoupdater can have issues (and on my machine does) when NAV2002 is installed as part of Systemworks)

• Advertisement
Advertisement