Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IWW Merchandise

• 03-07-2002 11:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭

Is Available in Forbidden Planet! Get your Limited Edition Tshirts and Programmes.
    Video will be in stock soon!
    Available for a limited time only in Forbidden Planet

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

thats kool but we then have to face that weird in-yer face heratic dude with the black spikey hair picking his nose serving at the front desk :P

/me runs and hides:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭cmb.

do you have a release date for the video/price/content info etc as of yet?
    and what is the quality of the recording and editing like?
    - with it be like old ecw fan-cam guy stuff?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

The event was professionally shot with digital cameras and is being edited at the moment

glad to hear it bomb - one other thing - the iww website seems to be down - does the iww have any more shows in the pipeline? - i was away for the tallagh shows so i have no idea how they went but am really interested in seing them as the line up was very exciting

plans for the next shows are in the pipeline, www.irishwhipwrestling.tk should work all the time, but when the server is busy it might not connect.
    remember to pick up an IWW Tshirt in forbidden plant to show your support for IWW

• Advertisement

thanks bomb - the sites now comming up for me but no thanks on the t-shirt - im a bit to old to be buying wrestling t's - just vids/dvds for me mate

one last thing - will the video have to be heavily censored as the censorship board seem to have a field day when it comes to wrestling vids in ireland ans so many fairly tame vids have been refused a cert here? oir will you just sell it anyway as is?

~I dont have the full details on the censorship yet, im not involved in that area.
    Whats wrong with Tshirts??? Im hardly a nipper myself and i have a big collection of shirts, The missus not like you watching wrestling???? lol :)

eh . . . your not far wrong mate! - well im not into them and i have to say i'd be a bit embarrassed strutting about in a wrestling tee - but hey - each to their own - and thanks for the info bomb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

Buy the F U C King T-shirts and support real Wrestling! Oh, Gonzo that spikey haired dude in Forbidden Planet is as hot as hell, SO LEAVE ME.... I mean, HIM ALONE !!!!

OK?

Look, everyone has to buy the video. I havent seen it yet but Im sure it will killah, and I cant wait to see it. Everyone that likes wrestling COME IN TO FP and buy all the IwW stuff OR I'LL KILL YA ALL!!!

Hanza
    And tats why they call me the Heretic!!!

• Advertisement

I have been in the shop ,i didnt see anything .I was in a rush .Anyway are they upstairs or downstairs ?

ask at the desk for IWW tshirts i think there are some in the video stand beside the front desk upstairs and maybe some on the rack downstairs.
    video should be due out next week or early the week after.
    so get ready...........

is the video going to be available in anywhere except forbidden planet - it wolud be good if it was available in as many places as possible as it would generate interest in future shows - i wasnt at the first ones but from the pics ive seen it did look quite empty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭eggs

I was there, the place hold like 3,000 and there where 500 there. So that why it looked empty. That crowd is bigger than 80% most European shows and that a huge achievment in itself.

yeh most euro shows only draw 100-200 people, look at FWA for example most of their shows are in school halls with around 150 people max.

:)

its a good start and people here are so eager for live action - i dont know if it was over optimism but i think a smaller hall that is pretty full would have a better look - esp for video and would add to the atmosphere - but as i have said, i wasnt there so you may well have been able to cut the electricity with a knife for all i know - im sure i will findout very soon when the video comes out

- one thing r.e. the vid, or the commentary to be percise - if its not up to scratch you might consider having analternative vid without commentary - it maybe a better option - e.g. the fwa show on bravo - it was alright but the commentarywas absolutely terrible - they tried to ape the us format of a heel and face teamand it was embarrassing to hear

You see the thing is, Wrestling just seems wrong without commentry, it looks slow and uneventful. Any commentry is better than non, the revival stuff wasnt that bad at all , the biggest problem was the heel/face combo doesnt work in big doses for every match the two boys would counter each others every word with a heel or face remark, the best way for a heel/face combo to work is in tiny remarks that you think one of the commentators might be a bit dodgey:)

i get whatyour saying and maybe your right - but there is only one king and jr - like 'em or not and its better to just call the action than to try to be jr and the king - (though i hate it when commentators talk about up comming events or tits when another match is on) - oh howi miss styles - sure the 'oh my god' gotannoying but he could call just about any move and really did his background checking on new/feature performers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

Hey hang on a sec!!!

FWA is on Bravo?

Since when, are you sure? Thats the japaneese show.... with Hayabusa, and Jinsei Shinsaki, and...and....Hayabusa?

Tell me more.
    Oh the IWW T-shirts are upstairs and down stairs. I put pre packed t-shirts beside the WWE videos so people will go...

''Ohhhh, look its the Rocks best matches(pannel at the side reads 7 minutes long WARNING:Contains 6.9 minutes of eye brow raising) wow I have to buy thi.......ohhHHHH whats this? IwW T-shirts, hey isnt that....ehhh....good? And not TOTAL FCUKING SH1T like WWE?''

So ask Any member of staff and they will get you the IwW T-shirt!

If anyone wants one put aside for them, E-mail me with you telephone no, Name, and Quantity. My e-mail is redhanza@hotmail.com

And thats why they call me the Heretic!!!
    Hanza...

YOU RULE HANZA.

• Advertisement

FWA has never been on Bravo, there was a show back in Feb of this year called 'Revival' on Bravo. It was organised by Tommy Boyd (Infamous TV host), he used some FWA talent as refs, wrestlers, plants and the FWA ring too. So naturally the FWA attached their name to the show.

hey hanza - can you keep me a video (in case they come out when im away for a few weeks and are all sold out)

as for fwa - i believe (but could be wrong) that you are refering to fmw when you talk about japanese wrestling but fmw was another organosation that folded in 2001 (though they were no longer players since onita was bought out in 98 (i think) though there have been remours of a revival but this is unlikely as japanese wrestling is said to be in as much, if not more turmoil that in the us)

the number one rule of commentry is to keep to info coming, if theres a dead part of a match or things are going slow then you have to fill in the peices that why you hear the next shows being called and the info on the wrestlers and all that stuff.:)

yes, eh, thanks for that - i know but having the likes of cole talking about main events only when a perfectly good match is on with plenty of action is not keeping us up to speed, nor is helpful or entertaining - i, for one would rather no commentary that sub grade stuff that we are all too often subjected to - you may not agree but but thats my view

The IwW tape will need Commentators, I know most of the wrestlers at the show, but not them all. Any Indy tape I see without Commentary looks/sounds bad.

eh eggs so you say "I know most of the wrestlers at the show, but not them all." - whats that got to do with anything? the correlation with knowing some of the performers and a tape needing commentary is . . . ?

Erm, I think the snot in your nose has backed up to your brain and its clouding your judgement? Why, oh why, should a tape have no commentary when a good number of people here in Ireland that buy the tape don't know a some of the wrestlers on the show? Lets say when Chris The Bambi Killer and Kovac battle it out, fans will wont to know back ground info etc on the wrestlers.

We can't all go around with your mentality of 'Its all a work, so why bother'.

ah yes - when you cant convince people of your point of view resort to petty insults - that will convince them - oh i bow down to your vast superiority - now lets all chant in unison 'we're not worthy . . . we're not worthy'

and yes some people dont know the background and some will like any commentaty sure - thats why i asked someone if an alternative version might be available without for someone such as myself who - unlike you, may not want commentary - and for that - i should be hung, drawn and quartered - you prick

Lets start a petition just for you, we will get IwW to release a copy of their tape with no commentary just for you. You 'Smarts' think you know it all.

• Advertisement

Right the two of you, snap out of it, if there will be bannings ahoy!:mad:

Advertisement