Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meet the family...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

ROFL this is classic....

I'd say get some pictures of the night.......but lets face it Dav wont be taking pictures of her face then....

Fio, even if he's not doing it....Tell him to stop looking at your breasts infrunt of the olds....
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

Weh!!!!

Ah now, i've already told him that they'll be no photos put online.

Yeah, my dad's an ex-heavyweight, and he doesnt drink or smoke (like my mum), so it's interesting to say the least.

Ah they think he's nice.

Dav, pay *close* attention to the advice

<< Fio >>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭Baldy

Originally posted by Mr.Applepie

I think i forgot that one when going to my debs but her parents still love me cause im just so adorable :D

Was that Suzie or Ro that you're talking about cause afaik you dont talk to either of their parents!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Originally posted by Beruthiel

I am reminded how his little alco irish girlfriend embarrassed him in front of his mother.

heehee

and I have the "before and after" pics to prove it from last night too beruthiel :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Originally posted by smiles
    Dav, pay *close* attention to the advice

<< Fio >>
    for some reason i just got an image of smiles on top of kharn screaming "SAY MY NAME BITCH!! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭Mr.Applepie

Originally posted by Baldy

Was that Suzie or Ro that you're talking about cause afaik you dont talk to either of their parents!
    Ro's and they love me:) I've talked to them a fair few times in gibs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Originally posted by azezil

"SAY MY NAME BITCH!!

Talk about yer Kodak moments........ :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Now now kids, mind the manners or I shall be cross.

Anyway, you all seem to think it's going to go horribly wrong - it isn't! As has been said previously, I've met her Mum and Dad and I don't think they hate me :p

And no, there won't be any photos of this for you muppets posted freely online - instead, they'll be sold on E-Bay to the highest bidders!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Originally posted by Lemming

heehee

and I have the "before and after" pics to prove it from last night too beruthiel :D

luckily for me, you don't have Mamon H. e.mail address!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

For the love of god... if the parents crack a joke don't say "Good 'Un Mate!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Figment

Smiles' family are lovely so you wont have a problem :)

About a year ago I met my girlfriends family for the first time. She was travelling from limerick to home in Roscommon and I was coming from Dublin. She was due to arrive before me, meet the family and come pick me up and give me a bit of back up.
    However lovely Bus eireann nicely delayed her by 2 hours leaving me to meet her parents and 10 brothers and sisters alone.
    Her mother picks my up at the station and brings me home to the kitchen to 10 expectant faces looking at me. Luckily they were all lovely and welcoming :)
    I even got the dads approval when I asked the GF to marry me last month! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭strawberry

Fio-aaaawwwwww! *Hugs*

Originally posted by strawberry
    Fio-aaaawwwwww! *Hugs*

Thanks sweetie :) *hug*

Yeah it's ok, i still think it's a wee bit odd about Figment remembering meh and meh family - considering I would have been 10-12 when he met me (i think) - god the images he must have of me with that great big lump of a hairy mayo man :P (hehe)

Anyway, the pictures shall not be sold (/me slaps dav about the gaff with a feather boa)

<< Fio >>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Hmmm, Kharn take it from personal experience not to mention you play 40k.

Something about still playing with toy soldiers when your in your twenties freaks parents out.

"So what are you up to this weekend?"
    "Oh I'm going to a wargaming convention"
    "Whats that?"
    "Oh it's a game called Warhammer 40k"
    "Oh yeah, didn't we buy some of that for James at Christmas?"
    "Whose James? I might know him from cons"
    "Oh he's our 7yr old nephew"
    "Oh.."

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Hobbes: I'm thinking about printing out copies of the boards.ie: The Gathering card and handing them out every time someone makes teh funneh!

Then again, maybe not...

Good advice there nesf, but they know I'm a weirdo games player (don't they hun?). Toy soldiers probably isn't as bad as computer games cause you do get to spend horrendous amounts of time painting them first, so that's a good cover story - it's all about the painting, yeah...

Strawberry - you be quiet
    /me ducks the swinging fist
    Just kidding :p

And Fio - put that feather boa away - you could have someone's eye out!

Did I ever tell you people some of the amazing uses of feather boas? I should some time...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

wouldnt it just be so funny if fio showed the parents this tread.....wat would they think of you then??/heehee....:D

Well, it's tomorrow, i'm here trying to think of anything i could have forgotten, hopefully Dav will be on his best behaviour (as if!)

:) Wish me luck!

<< Fio >>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭Mikill

Good luck and umm ,Have a good aul time etc.

Originally posted by Clain

What's the dress like? (living vicariously)

Hehe, it's blue - kinda a cross between electric blue and petrol blue, and it shines vaguely silverly at times. It's a two piece, corset style boned bodice and flarey shirt, silver rings, bracelet, bag, shoes and a galway crystal heart necklace (feicin weighs a ton - family thing).

Anyway, i'm off to get my hair done!

<< Fio >>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Have a great time - a corset style boned bodice and flarey shirt sound lovely, but whatcha wearing on the bottom half of you? FNAR!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Well Dav must be nervous I heard he got his hair cut!!!!! Thats the first time in over 5 years!!!! But the question remains does he have enough left for pigtails :p

G'luck to both of you and have a great time.

kayos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

yeah, have a great time guys... take a picture?!

yeah, put up some pics :)

What was the reaction from the teachers in question Dav?

I woulda paid to see the look on their faces :)

Fio, what did your friends say? Them arriving with poor innocent ikkle 17 or 18 year olds, and you pulling in a stud like Dav? ;)

Well he's here sitting beside me, :)

Well it was a good night, up until we were waiting to get the buses home and turns out the grad committee ****ed up (again) and they weren't coming - something about not being paid? :rolleyes:

Skirt god damn you majd. sleeeeeeepy. Only just got home about three quarters of an hour ago. :) Twas a fantastic night tho!

Himself's say:
    HOWAYANOW!!!!

T'was a fair good night alright - I wasn't sure how my new haircut would work out, but it seems to have gone down a treat...

As for reactions - I managed to stay out of sight whilst I went OMFG the first time she appeared in all her beauty and splendour - it was teh win! :)

And no majd, I didn't focus too much on the breasts (at least not whilst *in* the house)!!!

Me again:
    Well probably to get some sleep and tidy some bits away, i think i'll be still pulling hair clips out of my hair and trying to wash out hairspray for the next two weeks :)

Bye!

<< Fio >>
    [and Kharn]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

j00 KWON JD NEAT MOCKS TEH SENSE!! ;)

Originally posted by amp
    j00 KWON JD NEAT MOCKS TEH SENSE!! ;)

Hmmmm..... damn you anyway and suggesting that to me at some stage - me at 4am starting on neat JD....

<< Fio >>

Originally posted by smiles
    /As for cleavage? There'll be some :P so make sure you look elsewhere! :P

<< Fio >>

Dav , do u have one of those nifty James Bond zoom watches that take digital pictures? Sure would be handy, get loads of photos and bring'em to the GalwayLAN 4 :):D (My mind has been corrupted)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

bah too late

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Rang Dav tonight.
    He sounded wrecked.

Must've been a great night so :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

im sorry, is this a personal issues thread or is it just a load of waffle that should be either locked (as it would usually be) or moved to after hours (which they never are)

Advertisement