Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LDAP Lookups

• 05-09-2001 9:29am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭

Lo there,

Hope you guys might be able to help me with this one. In an effort to chuck out M$ Exchange from my company, I intend putting in MDaemon in. Now, heres the thing, I have to emulate what Exchange does for me to replace it successfully.

One of the major things is a public address book. Now, Mdaemon has a feature to update an LDAP server (also from mdeamon) and I have that side of it working perfectly. And M$ Outlook also a feature to look up an LDAP Server. The plot thickens when I use M$ Outlook to get a list of the contacts.

OutLook connects the server. It doesnt display a list of contacts straight off. But if you go into Find and hit a blank search, it actually brings back a full list from the LDAP server. Whilst this is cool, the staff in here are thick and are expecting to get the list straight off. (instead of them having to hit find and do a blank search, if you get me?)

Questions -
    Is there any commands in an LDAP server which automaticly return a full query on opening ?
    Has anyone else done similar and encountered this problem?
    Is this a known problem?

Any help here is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Eric

[This message has been edited by MindPhuck (edited 05-09-2001).]

Comments

Advertisement