Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why Is Everything Changing?!?!??

Options
  • 03-07-2002 2:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭

Many old CTYI rituals and customs are changing. We didn't go to Grafton St., the RAs are waaaaaaay more irritable this year, they actually CHANGED the menu when people complained Weird stuff, man... don't get me wrong, its still heaven, but I think there should be some work done on retaining the past! There should be a formal protest rally thingamabobby! We didnt go to Croke Park! they spread the CTYI kids all over res. so we had to be quiet and not wake our neighbors! thank god the orange juice is still gross, because I'm having a hard enough time with no cornish pasty or beef curry to complain about.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭alaskagirl

oh! and another thing! there was no morning run! i hate running, but i always did it at CTYI!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

That's why i'd never go back....
    It's changed WAY too much.

hehehe... I'm in the hub! yeah me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

People pestered me to attempt to go back this year on the basis that my bday is at the end of may and that, since it's so close and i'm such a ctyier and lets face it, what would i do with myself if i wasn't there over summer, they *might* have let me in <as a commuter of course>. and i said "... no. it's changed enough. last year was totally different to 99... i'm lettin it go man. .... probably try to be an ra though <so long as whoever runs the thing doesn't remember the whole last disco thing from 2001>"

Yeah. CTYI changes. Hell! Last year we couldn't even have the prostitution debate! WTF?!

Ah well... at least you still have caffeine... mmm... sweet caffeine...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Moni

I don't know if it's just me or something, but you really can't expect it to stay the same forever. As much as you like something, it isn't ever going to stay the same. And, the changes aren't bad, just different. People spend so much time trying to relive things, that new things don't happen.

Look on the bright side, the changes could end up being a very good thing if you let them. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭shep the malevolent pixie

yeah, you're probly right but i'll kill them if they don't bring us to grafton street :D
    sHep :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Cait

did we go to grafton st. in '99? 'cause i don't remember that. we went to blanchardstown that year methinks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭qwidgybo

that was a very good point,monica.i think i shall have to marry you.

yesyes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Moni

Yay!! I would LOVE to marry you, Aideen.

shame you were probably only joking... heheh. :D

well,if i was before,i'm NOT now!!i'll see *you* on sunday,sweetie!

woooo!i'm getting married!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Cait

if i remember correctly aideen, i have to buy you a wedding dress......or you could borrow mine!

• Advertisement

fantabulous!i can try it on tomorrow.although mundy wont be happy to hear that i'm getting married to someone other than him.he took it badly when he heard that i wanted to marry glen.
    oh well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Kiwisco

Who are you people. I think i no aideen but I'm not sure? Rory was such a (we're-educated-enough-and-we-dont-call-people-names -- << Fio >>)! He boke my $120 watch in the soccer match and tried to have me kicked for bringin water balloons to bob's party!!! Who here was with who??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

Um... is that rory of the red hair and famous blind date?

Hehehe... if so... teehee.. oh the stories! lol!

I am sven. Who are you and why shouldn't i hate you?

Advertisement