Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lead guitarist drought ...

Options
  • 03-07-2002 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Seems to be a lead guitarist drought at the moment. Are they becoming as rare as bassists and drummers??

Anways if you are one of the elite few who seem to still want to play lead with a mind to covers and then on to serious originals reply to this post.

Covers vary from Chillies, Led Zep, Stones to new alternative rock stuff, whatever the hell that means!!??

We are Southside based, mid twenties.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

I dont think its a drought, I think it's just that people who are starting to play guitar are listening to the wrong type of music, and are not good enough to play lead guitar. I have mostly the same influences as you, and I turned out fine. Its the Nu-Metaller's that need to change:):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

Very true. I think modern music is detrimental for lead guitarists to learn *if* they are beginners. The old stuff like led zeppelin, chuck berry (metalica!) etc. is better to learn in terms of techniques and plain good guitar playing.
    Blues are beautiful, and far too many guitarists are playing in bands without having a clue of any theory.

Its not a big problem like, having fun is THE main thing, but good habits, techniques and knowledge helps.

I should know. I had developed enough bad habits to last me a lifetime, and im only playing 2 years. I just learned the bad way, copying songs from Nirvana and the like. Its only in the last 6 months that Ive learned theory, and start to develop beyond what I thought I would ever be capable of. That said, Im still crap :)

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭quinta

So would either of you guys be interested?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

Im from cork m8

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Slosh

If you'd be interested in playing with some1 during weekdays it'd be great - but I can't commit to anything during weekends.

Music sounds good too...

If you're interested mail me at brian@freyne.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Thomas from Presence

Whats the pay like?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭NeMiSiS

pay ? session musicains are such whores :P

PAY?!? Get off that damn pedestal. We can all get session work, I'm not looking for that!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

I'm interested, & based in Dub.

Ok, drop me a mail roch@ireland.com and we can discuss further,

Cheers,

• Advertisement
Advertisement