Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying Acoustic geetar

Options
  • 03-07-2002 3:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I'm going down the road of buying another acoustic guitar but need some advice. Some years ago I bought a Crafter Semi-acoustic for between 150-200 punts (was so long ago I can't remember). Around 2 years after getting it, it became unplayable due to a warped neck.....with the strings being 2 to 3 times the regular height off the neck...a proper tart to try n play.

Obviously, for the money put into it, I spose I got my moneys worth and it not being a Gibson etc I wasn't too bothered. But now I'm not sure if I'm better off saving up a good few quid and buy a decent one (gibson, tackamine(spelling sozz) or get this one I have my eye on at the minute. It's a beautiful lookin yolk, l blue acoustic, lovely action etc. But the make is 'Johnson', and it's goin for 113 yoyos brand new.

Whats the general consensus on this one.......should I hang on till I have the moolah to get a decent brand or should I get this one?

I'm dead anxious to get one asap and I haven't got that much dough to spend so I will be a while saving up for a decent one.

Has anyone bought / heard of 'Johnson' guitars and are they any good?

Thanx in advance.

K.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭stevoslice

Don't know much about that make,

Does anyone know anything about 'TangleWeed' Guitars, at least thats what i think its called, acoustic, 5 years old but never been used, i've seen it, it's in great nick.

Being offered to me for 80 Euro:eek:
    Should i take it, sounds too good to refuse!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

jasus lad take it, tanglewood r brill, if not very unoriginal and cliched amoung guitarists at tis stage, try washburn, or martin.

i have a sx gtar semi acoustic, got it for 280 punts last year, still in good nick and a nice sound off it [a bit fragile though].

just DONT BUY IT IN WALTONS!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭stevoslice

Sound Mr. Menu i'll do that then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭NeMiSiS

Go try a Taylor 'Big Baby' it beats the **** out of any tanglewood acoustic,and has been voted the no1 acoustic guitar 3 years running or something.

Its a bit thin..but as long as your not going to be knocking the ****e out of it you should be ok..its got a realy bright sound ,costs 550 euros.

Its simple you want a decent guitar you pay for it,go look at a gibson ephiphone for example and then look at a les paul...you will even feel the difference in quality,better build like.

Im not being a snob about it..but if you want something that will stand the test of time,and give you a decent sound you pay for it,and the big baby is fairly good value in regards to what it is.

all the best
    nem

Advertisement