Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Esat moves closer to flat-rate Internet

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

Well, we know Esat are planning to launch this "limited" flat-rate scheme in August, according to reports, so I wonder if this is what they're talking about. From the story on ENN it would sound as if their planning a "proper" flat-rate service but I bet they're using this as hype and as a way to get people's hopes up only for us to find that it's this "limited" scheme they were talking about all along.

I reckon this is the case unless this meeting to come to an agreement and hammer out prices proves successful. However, don't get your hopes up, folks, as we all know had hard Eircom will oppose flat-rate and there has been no sign of any breakthrough in the Eircom/Esat negotiations. At least, not that we've heard about. ;)

It sounds good but don't get your hopes up. Do what I do and believe it when you see it. That's my advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

A meeting between the ODTR and parties interested in offering flat-rate access is due to take place on 9 July, and it is hoped that pricing structures might be hammered out at this gathering.

This sounds interesting. Anyone know anything about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by MDR
    They may be our friends after all, however let me retain my air of sceptism.

Skepticism is rarely a bad thing. At least you're being realistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

"We want to be able to offer flat-rate as quickly as possible because consumers and businesses have been calling for it"

Hardly be an offpeak package that "businesses have been calling for", must be a completely flat-rate thinger*

*optimism

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Son of Blam

Same story in The Register today.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/6/26033.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Gaz

sounds promising .... combine this with my netsystem and im on a winner :D

about fuking time

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I'm amazed half (ok, a third) of the country hasn't dropped dead from oxygen starvation at this stage.

adam

Advertisement