Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

korn

• 03-07-2002 6:14pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭

I never see any threads about korn...aren't there any korn fans? I love them...went to the untouchables concert, it rocked!
    I have a question though...the last song he played was shoots and ladders..he comes out in a kilt and playing the bagpipes...
    is he Irish or scottish? I dont knnow much about them, just dig the music...appreciate the info. if anyone knows!:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

hes american from california and hes a pretty fu**ed up individual....the music is killer though, perhaps getting a bit tiresome now, they have after all been peddling the same album for 7 years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Originally posted by BEAT
    I never see any threads about korn...aren't there any korn fans? I love them...went to the untouchables concert, it rocked!
    I have a question though...the last song he played was shoots and ladders..he comes out in a kilt and playing the bagpipes...
    is he Irish or scottish? I dont knnow much about them, just dig the music...appreciate the info. if anyone knows!:D

Yep he's an Orange County boy afaik (or maybe just californian). One of those messed up people who turned to music, and now plays 6 or 7 obscure instruments, hence bagpipes for one. For evidence of his messedupness, check out 'Daddy' on their first album.

s8n - Haven't they just released another album (making it 5)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

I just bought Untouchables today, i havent got to listen to it yet (feckin work!)........

a friend of mine used to give music to listen to (i wasnt big into buying music)...then a few years ago a friend gave me the full albums to listen to and well i was a believer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Kopf

s8n's totally right.. their first 2 albums are amazing, but after a while, jonathan davis crying on a cd about being raped and whatever else becomes a bit tiresome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭deco

All that man seems to do is moan on and on....

Their first album is quite amazing but everything since then has been a lazy rehash....

And all these 12-15 year olds wearing their Korn "Issues" hoodies....such utter shíte....get a bloody life....

• Advertisement

yep, seamus it's 5 albums but the bands been around for about 7 years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Originally posted by deco
    And all these 12-15 year olds wearing their Korn "Issues" hoodies....such utter shíte....get a bloody life....
    Same happens with Slipknot, and any other 'cool' bands.
    But if you ask any of these arseholes what their fave song is 50% of the time they wont be able to name 5songs at all never mind a fave. Pity that people judge us slipknot fans on these arse's :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭Harmo

Slipknot = pants :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭hacktavist

He's half scottish.
    He plays the bagpipes in a few songs.

Originally posted by Harmo
    Slipknot = pants :p
    Most of their stuff is actually..... but they got a lot of good stuff.
    But this isn't a slipknot thread so.........
    /me shuts up

• Advertisement

He's half scottish. He plays the bagpipes in a few songs.

Well unless he can play "Do Ya Think I'm Sexy" on those bloody pipes I have liitle time for the man!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Originally posted by Pugsley
    Pity that people judge us slipknot fans on these arse's :(

Pity those arses outnumber you 1000 - 1.

No anglewhore....
    I think the number of slipknot fans who listwn to the music could be counted on one hand :(
    And theres millions of so called 'fans' :o

Well, we're not going to be truly statistical about this, I'm just spouting a little sarcasm.
    But I definetly know the feeling.
    I'm a fan of Cradle Of Filth, but the thing is that they're barely the same band any more.
    And all the same kids in Slipknot hoodies and clown trousers are into them now.
    Or more I should say, what they have become now.

So I can relate when you say that these kids let the side down.

But the difference, as I see it, is that Slipknot are the same band they were since their self titled album.

I think the same applies to all metal bands now'a'days, you get a handful of good fans and about 1000x more people just trying to be cool, and being complete d*ckheads in the process......
    Oh well, tough sh*t i pose :(

I wouldn't say that at all...
    Out of all the bands I listen to, Cradle are the only one that I have this problem with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

I see tons of "Mini moshers" as they've been dubbed by my friends trying to be cool around where I live, but the dumb thing is, I get both physically and verbally abused for liking metal. Surely it would make more sense to listen to dance and pop, and dress in more popular clothing, if they want to be cool. The mind boggles...

Originally posted by Pugsley
    I think the same applies to all metal bands now'a'days, you get a handful of good fans and about 1000x more people just trying to be cool, and being complete d*ckheads in the process......
    Oh well, tough sh*t i pose :(

You're spot on there.....I'm actually getting a little miffed at all these arsés going round the place not giving a fúck about the music.....

All they seem to care about is the assumed "cool" that is attached to the music...

Its those little kids with their Korn "Issues" that really get me though.....

"I hate my parents....they always make me clean up my room"

The sooner they grow up the better....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Pigman

Originally posted by Crucifix
    I see tons of "Mini moshers" as they've been dubbed by my friends trying to be cool around where I live

I call them 'The Korn Kiddies' or the 'Nu-Vana kiddies' ... it's much more patronising than the term 'mini moshers' which suggests they might even have an ounce of manly agression between the lot of them.

mmmm....thought this was a korn thread not a fake mini metallers / slipknot one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Thread No. 6838390 on the topic of Korn Kiddies/Mini-Moshers/Spas.

Let it die people!

[IMG][/img]amptest.jpg

I think this has gone pretty off-topic.
    Once a thread descends into 'slaggin of the kiddies' I think it's time to all it quits.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement