Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom US

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 hunkypex

what U.S. companies would be deluded enough in the future to use eircom?
    I probably dont want to hear the answer but when even the big boys here are making noises about the cost and state of telecomunications then.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Reaching the world through Ireland...HAH..ripping off the world through Ireland is more like it!

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭bricks

This is from the webpage:
    "eircom i-stream will be offered in three packages – i-stream solo for the home user with one PC, i-stream multi for the small business with up to 4 PCs and i-stream enhanced for businesses with many users. "

Aren't eircon saying over here that they are only targeting business's at the moment.

http://www.eircomus.com/AboutUs/NewsAndEvents.asp?id=36

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Páid

Yes, I saw that too.

They don't mention on that page that they are offering residential ADSL at business prices. Rather than offer a decent service they have to squeeze every last penny out of their customers by milking it with phonecall costs on 56k modems.

[rant]

When they finally release ADSL they offer a service that is capped so that they can at least compensate for lost revenue.

I don't believe that most of the ordinary computer users (who are not tech savvy) know exactly how they are being ripped off compared to across the water or even north of the border.

I was fixing a friends computer for him the other day and he remarked how he was connecting to €ircon Internet for "free". I asked him how and he said he only paid for phone calls! When I told him what flat-rate was he was gobsmacked.

We need to educate the public and dispute all the lies with facts before we will see any change from any isp in Ireland.

[/rant]

Advertisement