Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

divx help . mpeg software

• 05-09-2001 10:21am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭

right after many hrs( what am i sayig days its been days ) of trying to back my dvd up so i can watch it on a train on my lappie . i found a why its always 4 gigs in size . ( the bloody file dosent know where the end is and goes on for 4 hours)

anyone know of some sofware that i can use to cut it .

what type of world will we live in when there is no world ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

That sounds like a rip, are the files you got .vob? What you need now is an encoder to make the end file a .avi DiVx format. FlaskMPEG encoder should do it.

Ciaran Sutcliffe
    aka: sutty
    [HIV]sutty
    For a good time goto:
    http://www.hotinternetvirgins.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

ye im ripping them myself . ye files vob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

its faster if you merge the vobs to your hard drive, and then use FlaskMpeg.

Ashley Lyn

Ashley Lyn Cafagna

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

ok ill start again in lil more detail

got 5 gigs free on h8
    there is 13 gigs of vobs on hd . ( traffic , urban leg 2 , romeo must die )

ive got traffic being encoded now . seems to be going ok
    but romeo must die thinks its 4 hrs long
    i need to make it shorter .
    need a file to split the file up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

How about EasyDivX?

J.
    --

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭The_Scary_Man

On a similar note I am making a divX from a dvd so that I can watch it in work but it has been running now for 13 hrs! Is this normal? I am using Flaskmpeg to create the avi file from the .vob 's

PIII 500
    128Mb SDRAM

And then in a moment of absolute clarity he realised that there was nothing, not because everything had ceased to exist but rather that it had never been there to begin with.
    Free Your Mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Red Moose

Yup, takes me around 14 hours for a 2 hour movie on a P3-500. That's with the basic FlaskMPEg, but there are a stack of speed ups and patches and more if you search the net.

Depends on loads of factors.....quality, fast/slow motion, whether you are changing dimensions of the visible resolution.......

Also: use Windows 2000. It can shave a few hours off that 14 hour basic time (I use 14hours for P3-500 standard settings to judge.....was my first attempt about 15 months ago!). You can get it down to around 8-10 hours with tweaking.

[This message has been edited by Red Moose (edited 06-09-2001).]

Advertisement