Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISDN and moving house

Options
  • 03-07-2002 11:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭

Im moving to a new apartment tommorrow and eircom will be providing me with a new ISDN line in the new apartment. However I was wondering do I leave the plug and play box that was installed in my old place or do I bring it with me? If I bring it with me does it reduce the installation fee etc? Or am I not meant to touch it?

As the line was provided by my employers and they are arranging (I hope) for the old line to be canceled and a new one installed I wasnt in a position to find this out from eircom.

Also as I assume the new tenants and the landlord are unlikely to want ISDN so if I dont take the box do I have to arrange for eircom to come along and remove it or will they do that automatically as soon as the old service is cancelled?

thanks in advance to anyone who can help me and save me from listening to whitney heuston whilst waiting to talk to someone who wont be able to help me with my query.:rolleyes:

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Tazzle

why don't you just ring eircom?

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Practical

Originally posted by Mr.Taz
    why don't you just ring eircom?

save me from listening to whitney heuston whilst waiting to talk to someone who wont be able to help me with my query.

Stoned ?

I say eircom will give you a new box becuase you paid for the installation + box when you first odered isdn in your last house/apartment

And No I wouldn't say it would redice the fee as eircom are a pack of tits

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 ohm-e

had the same situation, i left the box behind i see it as an asset for the renting/selling of an appartment/house.

new tenants/owners have to pay for 2 lines but they can use isdn straight from moving in.

Advertisement