Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New website Promtion Ideas

Options
  • 04-07-2002 1:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭

OK,

I have an idea. I have a lot of material and am about to set up a satitical on-line newspaper.

It will be similar to www.theonion.com

Anyway, any ideas on how i can promote this site. try and get people tuning in every week for the weekly edition.

Any web marketing gurus out there?

Peace

MotM

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

There are plenty of ways of promoting a new site online. The advertiseireland.com banner exchange is a good start, as is submitting links to directories etc. and of course using the URL in all your emails and posting on bulletin boards, newsgroups etc.
    DON'T SPAM people - you'll just annoy them

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Wait for http://www.theslate.ie to get up and running ... if it ever will :rolleyes:
    Some of you might know it.... you can get it in Tower Records and a few other places around the grafton st. area.
    "So cheap its free"

Great way to promote sites is by word of mouth.... if you pass the link on to mates they will email there mates about it and so on. Banner ads cost money and stuff.

Advertisement