Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

laptop...

• 04-07-2002 3:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭

Just wondering....

Has anyone here ever bought a laptop from 'Time Computers' now know as Computerworld or something because they bought 'Tiny'. I have ordered one and was wondering if anyone had good/bad experiences with their laptops?

Thanks.

< Cond0r >

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

....are not the best quality, never were.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Cond0r

Hmmm...

What makes you say that? Have you ever bought anything from them? Or do you know someone that has?

< Cond0r >

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

I dunno, but its a bit late now anyway, you've bought it :]

smart ass :p

< Cond0r >

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,162 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

They frequently feature in the watchdog section of PCZONE magazine for poor customer service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Yup always on watchdog.. look at the end of the day they are not made by time or tiny or whatever they call themselves now.. they are made by other companies and have a tiny/time logo on them.. thats all... it was the same with Gateway and the same with Dell etc...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

good luck i will say a prayer for you

hah... thanks elexes..

Well its a high spec piece of equipment for not a high amount of money so if it works out I will be happy, just wanted to see if anyone had got one before. I compared the prices with Dell, and the same spec machine with Dell would have been around €4000, and I got mine for just over €2000. So mweheh! We'll see how it works out.

< Cond0r >

• Closed Accounts Posts: 875 ✭✭✭EvilGeorge

Oh come on, give the guy some encouragement - hell what am I saying , would't touch those things with a barge pole!

I went into a time store once and enquired about their prices on SO-Dimms , they couldn't understand what I was talking about untill I called it "laptop ram" and then the sales person was all over me - freaks!

hahahahahaha

Oh well order is placed :rolleyes:

< Cond0r >

• Advertisement

€2000?? What did you get for that?

Let's see if I can remember all the specs...

Athlon 4 1600 cpu
    15.1" TFT Screen
    40gb HDD
    384mb SD RAM
    32mb graphics card with tv out
    CD-RW + DVD Combo drive
    Floppy
    2 USB, 2 PCMCIA, 1 InfraRed
    10/100 Network Card
    Internal 56k Modem

< Cond0r >

hmm sounds nice... probably a good machine as long as it does not break down.. then you have to try their customer service.. shudder...

yesh indeed, visually it looks nice too, its silver heheh.

I have my fingers crossed nothing will go wrong, tis garunteed for 3 years anyway so hopefully all will go well. :)

Oh and by the way, try putting those specs on a Dell Inspiron on the interactive site, I think you'll find the price to be a hell of a lot more. And all Intel CPU's of course. But then again some people prefer Intel. Also, only the highest end Inspiron has an IR port, and only the higher end Latitudes do, for anyone thats at all interested.

< Cond0r >

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭Jabbathegut

It all depends what U want to do with it. most 3D apps / modern games and intensive multimedia (video capture/editing) are going to grind that laptop into the dirt. If your looking for a desktop replacement laptop the best spec available is the Dell Inspiron 8200 but you will pay a hell of a lot of E's for it.

Advertisement