Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firewall

• 07-09-2001 10:41am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭

How's it goin? Might have read the thread on the music board... I'm looking to d/l videos and media blah, blah... and the best way is using these P2P sharing apps, such as Morpheus... I am however, behind a firewall and therefore can't use them.

Just wondering if anyone knows of any progs, or ways around this!? Thanks in advance..

Fink

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,747 ✭✭✭Xterminator

If you're admin you can easily open a port in the firewall to allow anything!

If not ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Unfortunately not... any other ideas?

Fink

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭rowan

>If you're admin you can easily open a port >in the firewall to allow anything

I have the same problems as Dr.Loon, and i'm not admin but I do know the login+pass for admin... can u tell me how to open a port in the firewall + will the real admin be aware of this happening?

thx.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 319 ✭✭java

If your admin regularly checks the logs they will. Dodgy stuff messing with firewalls if you dont know what your doing. If I was your admin Id be well pi**ed off and slap you around the head a few times. Good luck wink.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

What do you know about the firewall ?

If it's using a proxy for web access then you can use httptunnel i think it is. It wraps the packets from your program in http packets, send it to an outside website which unwraps them and sends them on their way to the filesharing server/whatever.

Search on google for the prog.

Gav

[This message has been edited by Verb (edited 07-09-2001).]

• Advertisement
Advertisement