Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Did you know ....

• 04-07-2002 11:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭

.. that the Eircom League is starting this weekend? Seems like some forgot to tell the FAI marketing people because I've not heard a word or seen a poster or anything yet.

Predictions : Bohs to win. Pat's second and hopefully relegation for UCD and the Homeless Huns.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭Keeks

yep.....they're trying to turn it into a summer league without telling anyone....figures eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭stevoslice

I knew, the boys from Limerick City FC are playin Kildare County on Saturday,
    Kildare's first match competitive match ever, their ground at newbridge is sold out and everything,
    hopefully the blues can spoil the party.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

Kildare county to win the premier league in three seasons.

Go On the Lillies!!!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Ciaran

Originally posted by Pigman
    relegation for UCD

Don't think so. Drogs, Longford and maybe Bray will be the ones battling relegation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Yeah i heard the league was starting fomr a bloke down the pub....

Amazes me how the FAI after a fairly succesful WC didnt have the idea to take out full page ads in every newspaper.
    With pictures of the Irish players who played junior or any type of football over here and were at the WC.
    But that might be deemed as a good idea building on the succes of the national team.

Kdja

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Ciaran

Originally posted by kdja
    Amazes me how the FAI after a fairly succesful WC didnt have the idea to take out full page ads in every newspaper.

Doesn't surprise me too much, they obviously don't give a $hit about the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Heard about it on Today FM this morn, I think it is a good idea. Have been playing summer league in Mayo for a couple of years, sure is better than playing a match in the pissings of rain on heavy pitches all the time, now only half our games are like that :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Attendances are not really up, but if people went to a game, they might improve them. People who spend so much time on the net cannot have a hard time being unaware of the fixtures, there are plenty of sites out there.

Yes, the FAI have been incompetent and ignorant when it comes to the league, but the attitude seems to be improving. TV3 covering the league will generate more interest. Hopefully.

BTW, Kildare's nickname is the Throughbreds (?), not the Lillies. ;)

Advertisement