Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Private Message Prompt

Options
  • 05-07-2002 12:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭

If you check www.sitepointforums.com you will see that when you get a pm a msg will pop up when you goto the forums telling you of it.

You should get something like that here, lots of people never know they have a PM
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Dazzer

They used to have it here afaik so it must be a feature of the Bulletin boards that the admins can set to on or off.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Go to 'user cp' > 'Edit Options' and change 'Pop up a box when you receive a Private Message?' to 'Yes'. You can also choose to receive email notification.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭lynchie

Originally posted by dahamsta
    Go to 'user cp' > 'Edit Options' and change 'Pop up a box when you receive a Private Message?' to 'Yes'. You can also choose to receive email notification.

adam

That doesnt seem to work. I've had that ebabled from day 1 and any pm i've received i've never gotten a popup message. Must be disabled by the admins or is not working at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Originally posted by dahamsta

adam

Yeah, this only works when someone sends you a message and you're online. Email notification works perfectly though. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

On some forums you have a thing on the logins screen saying you have so many new messages... no need for a popup box.. could be done below the usercp link on the main screen here... i dont turn on the popup box as it does not always work right for some reason....

• Advertisement
Advertisement