Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work Experience

• 05-09-2001 8:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭

ack! Deadline for having secured a place for work experience is coming up very soon, and I haven't been successful in my quest. Does anyone know anywhere that could use my skills - UNIX / Windows system and network administration and typing speed of 80wpm with 99% accuracy? If anyone reading this is working for a place which is accepting students for work experience, I'd be really grateful for a reply!

Thanks!

kopf
    aengus.walton@ireland.com

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kegser

You could be my secretary if you like, writing letters and such.

80 words per minute, excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

You can be my PA if you want tongue.gif
    Like Darren working for Cosmo Kramers "Kramerica Industries" (seinfeld fans will get that one wink.gif)

No Seriously...
    If you're willing to work for free or virtually nothing, there are tons of companies looking for ppl like you.
    What sphere exactly are you looking in??

THe best thing to do is to send your CV & cover letter to as many Co's as possible. I did this for the summer of 2000 & I was swamped w/ replies.

I'm sure you've heard it before but you need to "put yourself out there" to achieve results smile.gif

80p.
    SAVE CHIP !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Kopf

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Kegser:
    You could be my secretary if you like, writing letters and such.
    </font>

Sounds great! Whereabouts are you located? Shoot me off an email to aengus.walton@ireland.com.

Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭mayhem#

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Kopf:
    ack! Deadline for having secured a place for work experience is coming up very soon, and I haven't been successful in my quest. Does anyone know anywhere that could use my skills - UNIX / Windows system and network administration and typing speed of 80wpm with 99% accuracy? If anyone reading this is working for a place which is accepting students for work experience, I'd be really grateful for a reply!

Thanks!

kopf
    aengus.walton@ireland.com
    </font>

Any specific part of Ireland that you're limited to?

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by mayhem#:
    Any specific part of Ireland that you're limited to?

</font>
    Dublin, really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Canaboid

Kopf, What hours/days will you be doing ?
    Is it one day a week or five ? Is it 1 month/3 months etc.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Canaboid:
    Kopf, What hours/days will you be doing ?
    Is it one day a week or five ? Is it 1 month/3 months etc.
    </font>

As far as dates go, I have one week from the 12th November 2001 to the 16th November 2001, and then another 2 weeks (In the one establishment) starting on the 18th Febuary 2002 and ending on the 1st March 2002.

The employer sets the hours, but us students are obliged to report exploitation wink.gif

Advertisement