Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISDN

• 07-09-2001 7:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭

How fast is it?And whats the kb per second on downloads?

What would chairs look like if your knees were backwards?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,970 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

I've been using ISDN for a few monthes now on both win98se and w2k. You connect at 64kbps using one line 128kbps using two.
    Download speed vary's slightly between Os's
    due to file compression

Win98 7/8KB (64kbps) 12/14KB (128kbps)
    W2K 6/7KB (64kbps) 10kbps (128kbps)
    You should also bear in mind i uses DAP when downloading which i'm sure also speeds things up a little and connecting using both channels will see your phone bill mounting up

"Do, or do not. There is no 'try'. "
    - Yoda ('The Empire Strikes Back')

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

Win2k should beat the pance on 98 on ISDN.
    its TCP/IP stack is far better, and is really evident on a 56k connection when browsing.

Ashley Lyn

Ashley Lyn Cafagna

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 379 ✭✭Carnate

Isdn is fast, but durning the day is expensive 4p per min per channel, as to speed, yes it is a lot faster then modems, if you are thinking or getting ISDN, hold off for a few weeks as ADSL is coming from eircom, with suggested 512k dloads and 256k uploads you may be better to wait and see when it comes in.. check with eircom and then decide. Hope this helps.

[This message has been edited by Carnate (edited 07-09-2001).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Mark

12k per second.Thats it?

What would chairs look like if your knees were backwards?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

Theoretical max is 16k. I normally get 14-15k on dual isdn. If you want to complain about it, write to eircom, also look on the ireland offline community board.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

Yeah, unlike modems, they can't fob you off with poo like "it depends on your line, and distance from the local exchange", cos it's all digital, that shouldn't make a difference.

But ISDN is donkeys years old, alas it's all we currently have :(

Eircom -should- be releasing ADSL around the 28th of September, but that will be confirmed (along with pricing and so on) on tuesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

well im getting 14.8 every time when ive 128k
    and when ive 64k its 7.8 thats about it .

Advertisement