Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

breach of contract by Eircom?

Options
  • 05-07-2002 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭

I was one of the lucky ones on the trial. So in December an engineer came and spilt our line. We checked everything was working so he left. Later on that day, i was on the phone when i noticed data noises in the background.

I ran downstairs and saw that the Internet was disconnected. I phoned Eircom and they sent an engineer over and he said it was my phone. So i sent my phone back and got another and they was the same noise.

I figured out the problem. You see when the line comes into my house it is spilt 5 ways so we have 5 phone sockets to one line. One of these sockets was spilt for the ADSL and this causes the noise.

I phoned Eircom about this a month ago when i started paying and gave in some detail the problem and how i needed the splitter to be moved. They said they would get back to me but never did.

I believe that they have broken the contract and were wondering what I could do??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

How have they broken the contract? Get on to them and annoy them until you get a date for them to come out and sort it. 5 sockets?? Is someone running a business in your house? Talk to the engineer, and see of he can split the main line before it gets split into the five sockets (I dunno what the story is with the splitting). So anyway, yeah get onto them. This is eircom, one phonecall to their customer service dept isn't nearly enough to get them moving. Tear the poor ****er at the end of line apart, or speak to his super. Get a date :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭sikes

i have tried again but they are so difficult. I think i will tell them i want to cancel.

It says in the contract they will get the problem fixed in reasonable time or something like that.

i know it was a 12 month contract but they have broken it and they are wrecking my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭bricks

Move it so it splits the line before any of your phones get to it.
    Its simple 2 wires in 4 wires out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,701 ✭✭✭jd

Originally posted by sikes
    i have tried again but they are so difficult. I think i will tell them i want to cancel.

It says in the contract they will get the problem fixed in reasonable time or something like that.

i know it was a 12 month contract but they have broken it and they are wrecking my head.
    I don't think they have broken the contract unless they were responsible for
    "when the line comes into my house it is spilt 5 ways so we have 5 phone sockets to one line."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭sikes

but surely it is there responsibility to check they spilt the line when it enters the house.

• Advertisement
Advertisement