Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

More footie on Sky Sports

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Excellent. Footie on Friday nights and Saturday evenings again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 obrien0107

I heard that all Ireland international games are moving to Sky Sports and then will be shown later on tv3. Also Eircom domestic league games will be shown live on tv3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭CHRISTYG

Apparently, the Sunday game, which was at 1.00 p.m. before, will now be a 6.00-6.30 kick-off. Shame it can't be at 1.00, but as that would clash with Premiership Plus, and we all know what Sky thinks is more important, that's the way it's gotta be!!

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Originally posted by obrien0107
    Also Eircom domestic league games will be shown live on tv3.

I hope TV3 show more live games than RTE did. Let's face it, they couldn't show much less :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Also Eircom domestic league games will be shown live on tv3

yeah i hope so too:)

Kdja

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

The Nationwide deal is great. Good to see more footie on Sky, because the value of the subscription to Sky Sports is back to the way it was when I had signed up originally.

On the other deal, TV3 have only commited to showing 5 live games, like RTÉ last season. So no change there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

TV3 have only commited to showing 5 live games
    But there is more scope for TV3 to increase this, than with RTE, as TV3 don't have to pour resources into GAA coverage (yet). There will definitely be more than 5 live games, for a start both Cup semi finals and the final (and possible replays) are likely to be broadcast live, and more than 2 league games. And as I said, it will grow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭skorn

Yeee Ha:D

Gonna get to see my Wolves this year on the telly.

Good job Sky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Originally posted by Bateman
    But there is more scope for TV3 to increase this, than with RTE, as TV3 don't have to pour resources into GAA coverage (yet). There will definitely be more than 5 live games, for a start both Cup semi finals and the final (and possible replays) are likely to be broadcast live, and more than 2 league games. And as I said, it will grow.

No. They have only signed up for the League. The Carlsberg Cup rights are still available. TV3, RTE or Sky have not taken those up yet. 5 regular league games is all there is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭CHRISTYG

I notice that one of the early Sky Premiership games (I think Chelsea- Man U) is on a Friday night with (I presume) an 8.00 k.o. Anypne know why Sky have decided to show it on a Friday night, rather than the more usual (these days) Saturday at 12.00?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Probably to give them more time for their Champions League 3rd qualifying round game on August 27th or 28th.

Advertisement