Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS2 Steering Wheel

• 03-09-2001 4:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭

Which is the best? Will any USB Wheel work or does it have to be specific to PS2. For that matter will any USB device work on a PS2? mouse, controller....??

Edited because I can't spell smile.gif

[This message has been edited by SickBoy (edited 03-09-2001).]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Anyone???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Sure.

Lunacy Abounds! GLminesweeper RO><ORS!
    "[amp] may have the respect of the plebs on the other boards" - WWman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

Ok id hazard a guess that it has to be sepcificficly PS2 but then again i cood be wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

I wondered about this myself actually, would it not be down to drivers loaded into the game? I can't see the PS2 having drivers built in for anything more than the USB hub itself as that would limit future peripherals.

Ps.
    SrataGIST

Cool Newbie

I'd heard the rumours... wink.gif

Can I get this moved to the Tech boards please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

Evenworse is that the only wheel that will definately work with GT3 is the logitech one that comes with the game for £135 and hasn't been released seperately yet. With the rest you'd be chancing your arm.

It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

HIT IT!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 UhuhUhuh

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Q_Ball:
    Evenworse is that the only wheel that will definately work with GT3 is the logitech one that comes with the game for £135 and hasn't been released seperately yet. With the rest you'd be chancing your arm.

</font>

£135 for the Logitech wheel?

Bloody hell I've seen them going for £155
    in the Virgin Megastore in Cork!

Will that Logitech wheel work on a PC?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

No £135 for the wheel and GT3. And no sickboy, the wheel won't work on a pc. afaik it has to use a controller port

It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

HIT IT!

Thanks for the info. I'm just looking to get a wheel soon and it would be sweet if it would work on both platforms seeing as PC and PS2 both have USB. Guess it was a long shot.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭-RaY-

IMO steering wheels are a big waste of money i find playing GT more enjoyable and playable with a normal joypad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

Just try playing Grand Prix legends without a steering wheel and say they are useless ... although some games don't eem to play very well with them.

Advertisement