Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Web Programming charges

• 15-01-2000 1:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭

Anybody know what the going rate is for a small site, day 5 to 6 pages, with a couple of CGI's one of them being a Credit Card order system?

I've just been wondering lately how much do people charge for this sort of thing? And how do they charge? Per Page? Per Hour? Per image?
    And what would you charge for a fairly simple CGI program?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

varies from site to site.

I can't give you a fixed price. But if the credit card system is something your setting up with secure trading it would be a good bit of dosh.

Most of the money is made in "site support".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

speaking stricly from a web design perspective.

I made over £1000 for 2 months work on a site about a year back. It all depends on who your working for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

Thats too much money for a man of your age bob.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Thrasher

I often wonder myself, 'cause I do it in
    my spare time too. And the real difficulty is
    with getting domain name's registered. People don't understand that sites need to be hosted somewhere....

...anyway, did a bit of work for someone last
    year who had just spent 250 pounds for someone to throw together 5 pages in Frontpage. 2 graphics were designed for title and button - a few images were scanned in, and the thing was thrown together. Easy money.

Advertisement