Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

whats the best ?

Options
  • 05-07-2002 10:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭

whats the best nu metal band in yall opinion ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Not only do you use the word "Y'all", but you fail to properly use it in that sentance.
    Y'all being hick talk for "You all" when you need to be using "Your".
    "In You All Opinion" simply doesn't work.

But, English lessons aside, best nu-metal band?

Korn were pretty good at the time.
    But nowadays, the band "Withering Surface" seem to be the only ones trying to do anything new with the genre. You should check them out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

can i just say
    originally poster by anglewhore

Not only do you use the word "Y'all", but you fail to properly use it in that sentance.

i am open to discussion about the spelling of the word sentence ?

i will check out that band , you know of anywhere i could get some free downloads ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Monkey

you've never heard Korn before ? :confused:

nope never , i heard of them but me friend said they were crap , so i took his word for it ,...............so what are they like ?

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Originally posted by OLDYELLAR
    so what are they like ?
    They're now like all the other nu-metal bands. Does any of them sound different to you?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

You like nu-metal, and yet you've never heard Korn?
    They're the band that started nu-metal!!!

And here: http://www.witheringsurface.dk/
    Download section has mp3's.

I reconmend the song Joyless Journey.

thanking you , that site is excellent , its well laid out and all that but the download is taking forever , i did find another good band when i went a looking though , they are called bush , very good .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Korn invented nu-metal. But now'a'days 99% of bands that also do nu-metal suck :/
    There are bound to be a few decent ones about, but it really isn't my fave genre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭deco

nope never , i heard of them but me friend said they were crap , so i took his word for it ,...............so what are they like ?

My God man...well your friend was kind of right....

They're recent output has been dodgey to say the least.....

Just listen to their first album....the best Nu-Metal album by far....

And, I know I'm going to be rounded on, but Lost Prophets aren't bad as they go....

Esp. if you're a 15 yr. old skater....

lost prophets are actually fairly good , i love that tune shinobi v`s dragon ninja !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Spice Girls

I suppose the Deftones would be the best Nu-Metal band out at the moment....

White Pony is quite an achievement as far as Nu-metal goes.....

It's the only Nu-Metal album I've come across with lyrical depth....

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

OMFG - you're talking about Nu-Metal and you don't even have the decency in you to know who Korn are?
    If you weren't a fellow Knight, I'd be sending you a letter bomb! :)
    Get their first (self-titled) album - it's cool.

Anyway, out of the current offerings, if one were to class Deftones as Nu-Metal, then they win hands down.
    Lost Prophets are pants bandit pretty boys that totally sold out (their first album is good by all acounts I've heard and they never went for this pretty boy look). The problem is, that riff in Shinobi vs Dragon Ninja is damn catchy and they score kudos for naming the song after 2 of my all time favourite games :)

Check out Chimaria - I suppose you *might* call them nu, but they're fairly animal. Loads of Korn-like riffs and plenty of screaming. Grab their album "Pass Out Of Existence". Maybe you might like Five Pointe 0 too - not fantastic, but worth a listen anyway. Their first album is called "Untitled"

gah! I really hate that term Nu-Metal. Metal is metal and pop is pop. Lot's of supposed Nu-Metal is pop (Linkin Park, Lost Prohpets and the grand daddy's of pop-metal - Limp Bizkit).

hey kharn i managed to get my hands on some korn over the weekend , and your right they are kicka*s ................Deftones are well class , aw man that bloody fake sound of progress by lost prophets just really bugs me .thanking you kindly , i must go about that album your talking bout , the ould birthday is coming up so fingers crossed !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

I have a friend who likes Korn and I once told her that I didn't like them, or any Nu-Metal bands.

She was shocked over the fact that I referred to them as a Nu-Metal band.

She told me that Nu-Metal is Heavy Metal with Rapping and DJs.

So I'm now confused. Are Korn Nu or not Nu?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Pigman

Could be wrong here but I thought the fundamental characteristic of nu-metal was that you played with a tuned down five string bass and seven string guitars? As such this would definetly make Korn nu-metal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i had a listen to Hybrid Theory today and i was well impressed by it. i'm confused because when i bought it all those months ago it fell down behind one of my speakers and i never bothered to get it back out

hey mossy , hybrid theory is a pretty good album theres a lot of good tunes on there , a place for my head being my all time fave on there.

I think Nu-Metal really refers to any of the new brand of slick metal that has come to the fore recently.

It dosen't necessarily have to have rap vocals and DJs and in its early incarnations, RATM and Korn, it didn't.

But with the growth to world domance of Limp Bizshít the whole rap rock thing has become more mainstream....

hey mossy , hybrid theory is a pretty good album theres a lot of good tunes on there , a place for my head being my all time fave on there.

it's good but In The End and Pushing Me Away would be my favourites

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Originally posted by Mossy Monk

In the End is a great track. I must get out my album now for a listen.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

My god RATM invented nu-metal or as it was originally called sports-metal not that i'm in to that kind of thing.
    A fair lot of bands have DJ's that aren't nu-metal, Snow Patrol, Beastie Boys, (can't think of any really rock or metal bands at moment)
    But as nu-metal bands go Deftones in my opinion are teh win :)

deftones are pretty good alright , yeah .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭fisifan01

RATM, Papa Roach or Machine head in my view

Hsflafhlasfhlasflahflasfhlaf......

The sound of deco having a seziure....

(Talking in the 3rd person aswell...must be suffering from bi-polar disorder...)

Damn ye pseudo-metalers!:D

Originally posted by deco

Hsflafhlasfhlasflahflasfhlaf......

The sound of deco having a seziure....

(Talking in the 3rd person aswell...must be suffering from bi-polar disorder...)

Damn ye pseudo-metalers!:D

sue me :p:p

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Folks, please listen carefully as this is important...

Linkin Park are not a metal act - they are a pop act. To call them anything but pop is a farce and an out and out lie.

That is all.

sue me :p:p

If I wasn't on the floor writhing and foaming at the mouth from having to enduring "Int The End" I would love to....:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭metalish

KoRn are the best nu metal band, although Drowning Pool are very good. And most ofthe nu metal bands have stuff like dj's trying to rap(linkin park). There not really on the metal part.

But i dont listen to nu metal much anymore. Metallica and megadeath have been my favourites for ages. Slayer, Guns'n'roses, Led Zepplin and Alice In Chains :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭ThenComesDudley

Nu metal

Is from my understanding is a mix of rock with lyrics in a hip hop style. Also its droping Guitar Solos and replaceing them with breakdown riffs, as alot of ppl define metal by its Solo ie all the Great metal bands have solos in most songs were as Nu metal has some but not many.

Anyway thats my understanding of it
    if im wrong well then im wrong.

Advertisement