Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best/favorite car in GTA3

Options
  • 05-07-2002 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭

Whats yer favorite or best car in GTA?
    I can't remember the names of the ones i like but its the one in the garage window and the Yakuaza one are 2 of my fav's

There should nearly be a GTA forum now :p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Banshee
    Stinger
    Cheetah

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I like the borgnine taxi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Spiffing

Ice Cream Van!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Stinger and Mafia sentiel so far.
    The cheetah is savage too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Barracks OL or Fire Truck.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Dazzer

Police and FBI Car :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

The FBI cars, The Cheetah and the Dune Buggy. The Yakuza Stingers are cool too.

Does the tank count? :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

banshee
    yakuza stinger

and er... karuma.. or whatever it's called :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

Fire truck or Sumo van

so much fun to drive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

mine would have to be the rhino, finally completed donkeys turismo mission with it

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

The Securicar so far. So much fun in a brick latrine of a machine with 4 cop cars trying to ram you off the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Acidflash

yakuza stinger and the cop car

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Yakuza Stinger
    Bobcat
    Infernus
    Cheetah
    Banshee

Dodo!

has anyone else noticed that the cheetah and the infernus are INCREDIBLY fragile? the slightest tap and they burst into flames.. bloody annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

what i find annoying with the banshee, infernus and the cheetha is that if you do a handbrake turn at speed you do a 180. Really annoying if your doing a mission where you have to get to somewhere in under a minute. I think the stinger is the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

My Fav's would have to be(in order of preference):
    1:FBI Car
    2:Mafia Sentinel
    3:Stinger

The stinger is definitely the most manouverable car in the game while keeping a good speed and a nice look. The sentinel is quite manouverable and also fast AND kewl lookin and the FBI is very fast and manouverable and kewl lookin :) That's my two cent worth. Ta.

Ry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Kalina

The Banshee is my favourite because it's so light and fast.
    The sentinel is one of the best cars in the game and the fire truck is the most fun to drive. It can go relatively fast and mows everything out of it's path without hardly slowing down!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭deco

Ah the Stinger....great little car that...has some intresting times with that car:)

Even though those hillbilly pick-up trucks still hold a certain charm....;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

The FBI car is hardly fast....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

the dune buggy is my favourite but i do like a spin around town in the army tank :)

• Advertisement

the fbi car is pretty fast, i reckon it's faster than the cop car.
    why the hell havnt they set up a forum for gta3 yet??? lazy bums!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

The Good: (In order of favourites)
    Stinger
    Infernus
    FBI
    Mafia Sentinel
    Dodo
    Sentinel

The Bad: (In order of worse)
    Perenial
    Stalion
    Yakuza Stinger

The Ugly:
    Perenial
    Rhino
    Moonbeam
    Blista

The Reasons:
    The stinger has to be my favorite because of the manouverability.. I don't think anyone here has actually hada spin-out in a Stinger.. And if you have, you're gayer then Ryan. And, naturally, they're fast. The rest on the good list speaks for themselves.. Though I've listed the infernus pretty high up because I've played that Hoods carbomb mission so many times. I also added the dodo because I'm a l33t flyer. :D As for the bad list, I added the Yakuza stinger because it pisses me off.. It's no where near as good as the Stinger, and yet it's a gangcar. I think it belies its looks, and dazzles n00bs with its fancy happy-go-oh-gay-fag looks, but it's slower, sluggier, and IMO, uglier then the Stinger.

-Dark-the-Dodo-Angel-

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Mafia Sentinel
    cop car
    firetruck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

I'm gay? I don't call myself -Dark-the-Dodo-Angel-.

Ry

how do you fly that damned dodo?

yeah, couldnt manage to get the damn thing off the ground for more than 4 seconds. anyone know of a decent faq for the pc version? gamefaqs.com seem to just have ps2 faqs, and i cant be arsed to search for one. (56k speed wrecks my head)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Get a joystick? :P

I dunno, it's supposed to be very hard (I have the PS2) version.. But then again, I used to fly MS sims with my keyboard (which was an absolute bitch, but you could get used to it). If you can't get used to it all, gta3mods.com (I think? There's a link to it on gta3.com anyways) has a mod that allows flying the Dodo on the PC EXTREMELY easy (easier then the PS2).. Have a look.

-Dark-Angel-

nah, i wanna fly it the honest way.
    but then again, using a faq isnt all that honest...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭Kenshin

I like driving the really fast cars that everyone has mentioned, plus the BF Injection which I think wasnt mentioned, and the dodo can be fun but somewhat hard to fly...

This is what you do to fly it:
    The important thing is that the dodo is always completely horizantal and parallel to the ground, you'll constantly have to slightly steer to balance it...
    And when you take off, make sure you slightly turn the dodo so that it doesnt crash into Stauton Island... you'll bounce back if you go too far into the sea, so dont worry about that.
    Anyway, that's the basic idea...

I guess the rest is practise, I havent flown it too much either, but I flew it to Portland Island harbour once...

• Advertisement

i flew it for 5 whole seconds once, i was well chuffed

Advertisement