Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Satellite internet.

• 06-07-2002 12:02am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭

dunno if this is the right forum to post this but...

I have a spare satellite dish lying about and since i heard of satellite internet downloads i was wondering what other equipment i would need to use it. From what i understand you can connect to the server at 56k, get in a queue, then download the files that you want.

does anyone know where i would get more info about this service in ireland? what equipment would i need? could i do it myself or would i need a professional to install the dish+other equipment.

oh, and how much would the service cost, is it flat rate-per month, per-download of the time it takes to download all the files??

could you at least point me in the right direction.

thanks in advance,
    Bull

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

ya should check out this thread.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=53386&highlight=netsystem

as far as i know, you use your normal modem for uploads and then the sat sends the downloads. You need a pci (dvb)card to connect to the dish to your computer. Ya pay the netsystem ppl just under €40euro a month and there's no cap on ur downloads but you still pay the price of your phone call that your modem connects with. Theres another group of ppl that give the service too europe online or something. There more info in that thread and gives links to other sites.

Gid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

bull im getting this installed soon ill tell ya how it goes .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

thanks

nice one

Advertisement