Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New York, New York.....

• 25-01-2000 11:15am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭

Well I'm getting real bored reading the same posts in here so I thought I'd post a new one so here we go:

I'm a heading off to New York for the summer and I was wondering if anyone having been there before knows of any good places to go for work, I don't know what part of New York I'm going to so if you just tell me I can plan around that anyway I hope you enjoy your new post.

bye for now
    Baz

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭harVee

depends what ya look like but stand around 9th and 40th for a few hours after dark and you'll have no probs getting a job (or giving one either smile.gif) or so i've been told.
    harVey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Jak

God I hate New York.

But... if you are going there

a) Don't get a job in a cafe (not that i did)
    b) Don't live higher than 110th Street
    c) Don't run out of money
    c2) Don't have any dealings with the Banks there
    d) Don't give your plane tickets to sleazy hotel guy in exchange for rent delay
    e) Don't get on wrong train when leaving for airport

For Jobs -

You can easily enough get a job as a cycle courier (easy to navigate the city) and you can earn quite a bit.

or (and this is what you should do)

Get a job outside of the city on one of the many boats - i.e. Tourist boats - if you have any sailing/water safety experience and speak english with an irish accent you will get the job.

Pay is good - occasional good tips - but the life is class - Outside in Sunny weather and (from my experience) people are way less B1tchy on boats than in restaurants.

JAK.

[This message has been edited by Jak (edited 25-01-2000).]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

Thanks for the tip I'll bear that in mind. oh and I'm not talking about the hanging around the street corner tip.

bye for now
    Baz

Advertisement