Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lol adsl with esat works out cheaper then my 56k & it has no caps

Options
  • 06-07-2002 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭

but they aren't doing it in Dublin....for shame on you esat u r sitting on a goldmine

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭MDR

Er,

correct me if I am wrong but are they not rolling out in Dublin December/November-ish ...

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Cond0r

Has anyone compared Esat Business' proposed ADSL pricing to eircoms? It works out an awful lot cheaper.

Esat Business
    Eircom I-Stream

And yes, they say they're rolling out later this year.

Just a note.

< Cond0r >

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

actually pricewise they look almost identical. If you are looking for a cheaper option, Esat aren't offering it (All I looked at was the 512/128 option, the cheapest one). However Esat say there are no download limits - would be an important factor for me.

Esat: €90 / month + VAT
    Eircom: €89 / month + VAT (3GB download cap)

lets compare this to a couple prices I got from www.bt.co.uk
    cheapo self install 500/250: €37.10 / month + VAT
    other 500/250: €46.68 / month + VAT

neither of these has a download cap.

We are looking at DOUBLE the price offered in the UK, at least. (And in eircom's case, there is also a download cap!)

:(

Colm

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭d0gb0y

Yeah Esat r rollin out in Dublin in November...but thats still a long way away & meanwhile i'm still payin per minute....so hurry up Beam :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Where have Esat said they are rolling out ADSL in Dublin in November?
    That sounds a little optimisitic.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I heard that the pings on the Esat ADSL trials were much lower than Eircoms aswell, around 30-40 in Quake3. Anyone know more about this ?

Advertisement