Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Region1 DVD through my PS2 & TV?

Options
  • 06-07-2002 6:24pm
    Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭
    byte

I'm considering purchasing Region 1 DVD Videos to play through my PS2 which has Region X. But would I encounter problems with playback? Does my TV need to be able to show NTSC (I'm not sure if it does but it's a JVC AV28WT5)?

TIA :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

I think once your using SCART your ok but im not sure.
    I had the same problem with Playstation games from the US.
    I had Syphon Filter and it ran in black and white on the bnc convection but ran in colour on SCART.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Ah good. I'm connected using RGB scart. Thanks:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

It has nothing to do with the TV. It's all in the PS2. Were you not paying attention when you asked in IRC?

byte

Sorry Oeneus. I remember asking in irc alright but never saw a reply. :o

Anyway, I know now! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭mfield

I did a little mod by bridging two pins together and it plays all NTSC DVD's in full colour! It's very simple if you're handy with a solder iron. :D

mfield.

• Advertisement
    byte

Ah well, just to confirm, a wee note from JVC:
    The JVC AV-28WT5 wide screen colour television has NTSC playback compliance through all three scart connections.

Region 1 discs can be played through any of these scart connections in colour using a suitable DVD player.

So, now I can go about getting me some R1 DVD's if I can find any worth the buying! :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,373 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

If you have a newish tv you should be okay not like my ****ty piece of crap that is older than me (literally).

byte

A bit off topic but just incase anyone would wanna know, Region X can also deal with R1 DVD's with RCE (Region Coding Enhancement) which some "multiregion" DVD players can't.;)

Advertisement