Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American Scream - Bill Hicks

Options
  • 06-07-2002 9:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭

Just finished reading the biography of my all time fave comedian, Bill Hicks. Very good book, and as it is my duty to spread the word of Bill, if your a fan of his work, i heartily recommend it. If you have no idea who im talking about, shame on you.

The most vitriolic, angry yet thought provoking comedian of his time, he was a genuine preacher who made you sit up and listen, even if you didnt agree with what he was saying. He died in 1994, and he is badly missed. Check out his CD complilations Relentless, Dangerous and Rant in E-Minor, all classics.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭SweetBirdOfTruth

I like Bill and have the book. Have tried starting into it a few times, but keep putting it down, it seems so badly written. Worthy but not a great read. Seems almost as as bad as the Lester Bangs biog.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Not as well written as I think Bill deserved, alot of good content but was a bit too sterile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

There's a little brick in the ground dedicated to Bill Hicks in the Sacramento zoo. It's in the cat section.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

Originally posted by lordsippa
    There's a little brick in the ground dedicated to Bill Hicks in the Sacramento zoo. It's in the cat section.

Cool

Advertisement