Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is head of eircom?

Options
  • 06-07-2002 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,
    I rarely post here, but I drop in alot to see what the latest is,
    Just want to say good work on the fight :)

errr, also, I'm wondering, what's the name of the person who is the head of Eircom?
    I didnt want to start a thread of its own because the mods probably wouldnt like that :)

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

Head of Eircom is Dr Philip Nolan.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭exiztone

Originally posted by SkepticOne
    Head of Eircom is Dr Philip Nolan.

Thanks mate :)
    So, most the blame for our situation is aimed towards him, no?
    btw, DR Philip Nolan? Does that DR stand for Doctor.. or what?

Cheers

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Dracula. He is The Count... ONE million... mwah-ha-hah... TWO million... mwah-ha-ha... THREE million... mwah-ha-ha... etc... Alfie Kane was Evil Bert. Ray McSharry was Snuffleupagus' Evil Twin.

But seriously, Philip Nolan is responsible now, but you have to remember that he only took over Eircom recently. It's Alfie Kane and Ray McSharry that put him in the current position. Even Alfie is just a techie nerd by all accounts, it was McSharry pulling the strings. And the ex-civil servant middle managers have a lot to answer for too.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭exiztone

Originally posted by dahamsta
    Dracula. He is The Count... ONE million... mwah-ha-hah... TWO million... mwah-ha-ha... THREE million... mwah-ha-ha... etc... Alfie Kane was Evil Bert. Ray McSharry was Snuffleupagus' Evil Twin.

But seriously, Philip Nolan is responsible now, but you have to remember that he only took over Eircom recently. It's Alfie Kane and Ray McSharry that put him in the current position. Even Alfie is just a techie nerd by all accounts, it was McSharry pulling the strings. And the ex-civil servant middle managers have a lot to answer for too.

adam

Heheheh Dracula, sounds like a blood sucking fiend actually =/
    He doesnt have anything to do with De la rue does he?

Hmm how did he take over Eircom, I'm not too.. I suppose knowledgable about the situation, but Eircom was sold by the goverment as a private company a few years back, no? Was he was the one who purchased it?

You gotta photo of him?
    I would like to edit it in a way that makes fun of him :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Hmm how did he take over Eircom, I'm not too.. I suppose knowledgable about the situation, but Eircom was sold by the goverment as a private company a few years back, no? Was he was the one who purchased it?

Telecom Eireann was sold in a public offering, however a group of investors, chaired by Tony O'Reilly and backed primarily by George Soros, bought the company out last year, making it private. Philip Nolan was appointed by the Board as Chief Executive.

You gotta photo of him?

Yeah, I carry one around in my wallet.*

adam

*Sarcasm. I'm not that bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

I think youll find we prefer a new thread than dragging an exisiting thread 10,000 leagues off topic :)

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭vampyre

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=55070

have a look at this thread to see what a nice gentleman Dr. Nolan is, how honest, accurate and totally committed to providing a decent service for the public he is.

Advertisement