Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question

• 07-07-2002 11:27am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭

I Have a Sony MHC-NX3AV Hi Fi. It's a mini system with Pro Logic 5.1 inputs. I also have a Sony TV with one Scart input.

Im looking at buying a DVD Player. I want to be able to hook up the DVD player to my Hi Fi so i can get 5.1. Also, i have no more available scart inputs.....currently have everything running through my video which goes into the available socket on the tellie. What is the best solution? Is it possible to get some kind of Scart block/switch that will give me extra inputs? Does an AV receiver do this job? If so would i be able to hook up the AV receiver to my Hi Fi?

Thanks for the help.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Noone? Or am i talking rubbish?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,531 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Yes.. These are available pretty much anywhere..
    Try PowerCity / Peats / Argos etc..

I have a three-into-one. You basically press a button on the scart selector, to choose which input you want to output (so to speak). Cost about 10/12 euro..

Looking at the specs for your system, it is not a Dolby Digital decoder, it is only Dolby Digital Ready (5.1 inputs) as it says in the blurb. So, as far as I'm aware, what this means is you would need to buy a DVD player with a built-in DD5.1 decoder, with distinct outputs, which you could use to connect to your stereo, using the 5.1 inputs..

Looking at the spec on the web it doesn't seem to include a sub-woofer, so you would be missing the .1 in DD5.1! Or at least you wouldn't get the same same level of low frequency sound..

Someone please correct me, if I'm wrong!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Ohhh, that three into one thing sounds like it would do the job alright. There is no loss of quality?

Yeah, it doesnt come with a sub but you can buy one seperate.

Thanks for help!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,531 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Well, you're not running the three signals at the same time, only one at a time, so, i've never noticed a degredation in quality..

Peats
    (Although they describe it as a 1->3 which is incorrect - should be 3->1)
    Argos 4Way
    Argos 3->1

Advertisement