Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I know

Options
  • 07-07-2002 1:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭

I konw this question comes up alot of the time for the dj's of Phantom but i just wanna be sure, if Phantom fm does get a lisence will you be in any way restriced in what kind of music you will be able to play at any time of the day?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭wynters

Good question

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Extremely good question, I'm sure there's a lot of people waiting for the reply to this one.....

Especially in relation to the info I have, which states that a certain percentage of the schedule has to be news and current affairs related, and isn't there something about Irish language programmes? (Which I personally think should be presented by Sinister Pete. My, how we laughed....)

I'm not sure, but I think the pursual of licences have been the ruination ( is that a word?) of many a good station. Then again, I'm too opinionated on this subject for your own good.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭stickinikki

well they keep sayin that they wont loose their edge if they get a license..and lets face it, the phantom djs wudnt want to loose their edge, in general they play music that they like.
    sign the petition thingy on the site anyway, its under 'listener survey'. i for one hope they get their licence so that they can earn sum decent money for themselves-they deserve it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭o sleep

Originally posted by stickinikki
    i for one hope they get their licence so that they can earn sum decent money for themselves-they deserve it.
    i agree. but i think certain things would have to change, even if it is to do news and current affairs (as someone else mentioned), but what about music content? if they weren't reaching the required figures of their investors (or whatever) would they have to go for a more commercial alt-rock outlook? or would they fall in to the 'special interests' category, and therefore not have to abide by these rules? it's all sooooo confusing.

Advertisement