Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tarot

• 07-07-2002 2:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 596 ✭✭✭

This might be the wrong place for this one maybe the after hours would be better i dont know, but if its wrong i appologise.

Anyway, i had my cards read yesterday by a man in the Pheonix Park. he has worked for the police in finding missing people and i found him to be very helpfull.

Can you tell me your views on tarot and mediums...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Had mine read a couple of times, and read a book on what the different cards represent. I think its a load of nonsense, the cards make big general wide sweeping predictions which can be interpreted in many ways and as such are by the recipient.

When reading about the cards I found that I could relate every card to some part of my life :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 596 ✭✭✭fi

yes i did agree, but this guy was just too on the ball, like he asked me why i spent so much time in hospital, was there someone sick, i said no i worked in one, then he said why did you live with strangers he knew i wasnt brought up by my biological parents.

he saw this in teh cards and i didnt tell him.

he also read my palm and told me ii didnt stick at one job long and the job im in was the longest but i am about to change and the next job i have is for life.

from my hand he had my personality down to a tee, he said the lines on your hadn are there 7 months before you are born, strange eh... i believe in fate though an believe our lives are mapped out for us, even though we dont always follw the path.

Originally posted by fi
    yes i did agree, but this guy was just too on the ball, like he asked me why i spent so much time in hospital, was there someone sick, i said no i worked in one,
    smell of hospital disinfectant? :)
    then he said why did you live with strangers he knew i wasnt brought up by my biological parents.
    he's a stalker? ;)
    he also read my palm and told me ii didnt stick at one job long and the job im in was the longest but i am about to change and the next job i have is for life.
    guessing by your age?
    from my hand he had my personality down to a tee,
    how you treat your hands can say a lot about you, e.g. blisters - hard workers/ out door work... etc.

I say he's just a very experienced con man is all :)

how bizzare some guy just asked me where he could find a fortune teller! spookey :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

heh, my sis went through a few years of believing in all that *expletive deleted*.

she painted stars and moons on all her walls and had candles lit all the time.. she went into a frenzy one day cos she SWORE she managed to make a flame turn purple....

• Advertisement

Originally posted by azezil

how you treat your hands can say a lot about you, e.g. blisters - hard workers/ out door work... etc.

I say he's just a very experienced con man is all :)

no, he was looking at the lines you cannot tell if someone likes music or likes the arts by blisters or no blisters.!!!

he recently found a body of a girl whos parents believed to be in the UK, he helped the police find her body, he is a very respected man, and not a con man.

if he was a con man he would bring people back again and again, he told me he doesnt see people a second or third time he hs told when we need to know on the first visit and in 2 months he wants me to ring him so he can doa a 10 card spread and tell me what he sees, he will do this over the phone and free of charge, he also taped the session.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

this isn't a personal issue, after hours ya go!

<< Fio >>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,761 ✭✭✭Xterminator

I think things like horoscopes are dangerous.

While for most getting your horoscope or fortune told would be harmless, but some people believe what they are told to such an extent that it gives someone else( the writer/fortune teller etc) power over your life, and allows them to influence your decisions.

Answer this. If fortune tellers have 'powers', then where does this power come from, and what is it used for?
    Please note i am talking about the power the fortune tellers/ numerologists/astronemers wield, and not nessacarily about the person(s).

If you believe that they dont have powers, then your fine, but if you allow things told to you to affect you important life decisions, (marriage, job path etc.) then your allowing this influence on your life, while knowing next to nothing about what motivates it.

Thus by impressing you with various facts and predictions which seem 'magic' and possibly helpful, any advice given, may be used to affect your other life decisions (which also effect others) in ways you cannot comprehend.

Personally I think that the two main sources of 'supernatural' powers are Good and Evil. (eg God vs Satan).

When something is controlled by god, it declares it is good.
    When something is controlled for evil, it will often not declare its origin, or mislead you as to what its origin is.

Thus if some power claims it is for good, it might or may not be, but if it does not claim it is a power for good, then by default, it is not a power for good,and must come from elsewhere.

Right i sound like a raving lunatic!, but ... still, I do belive it.

Final word, be cautious here FI
    X

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Originally posted by fi
    the next job i have is for life.

How can you be sure?

I dont like Tarot but ive also never had one ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,586 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I'm pretty sceptical about this sort of stuff, but a few months ago a friend of mine read my tarot and pretty much got it spot on, with no sweeping statements really. I think I'll get her to do it again to put my mind at rest.

• Advertisement

It Doesnt change my outlook on life but it does give me hope and prespective.

i felt i wasnt handling things well and going to him made me see i was doing just fine.

nothing earth shattering but part of my journey... not sure where too but hopefully sucess nad happiness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Use to live with someone who read them a lot. Very good at reading the past and what was going on in my head, but useless at predicting the future. So, like horoscopes and religion, imo you see what you want to see. And if it helps, then what harm?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭phobos

Firstly I should point out I tend to think about things like this quite a lot, probably too much. If anyone can remember the thread I started on "Sleeping Problems", you could actually tie in with my thoughts on this topic.

I don't believe in God, The Devil, Heaven, or Hell. But what I do believe in (which is pretty much the same) is that there is something else out there (in our minds) that has been undiscovered. I believe in years to come we will be exposed to knowledge that will radically change our lives, and how people in general go about their life. This knowledge IMO is what we brand God/Devil/Heaven/Hell/etc because we grew up with something so talked about and in your face, yet there was no solid proof that any of it was true, so we had to pretty much come up with a story that we could attach ourselves to. Everybody has a different story (this is some of mine, and I'm happy with it)It's something that gave us piece of mind, a reason to go on, perhaps.

When I talk about knowledge I'm talking about something that proves the thing that exists, that we don;t even know about yet, coz I'm pretty sure God/Devil/Heaven/Hell/etc they don't exist(they're just examples of a story). The story masks something BIG that we yet don't understand.

I said in the beginning of this post that this thread could be tied in with my "Sleeping Problems" thread, because in both I believe that we are still at an early stage of evolution, and we have so much further to go. Our bodies will change and we will become aware of things that we didn't even know existed in the past. Things in the context of this thread, would be how people could do tarot readings, tell things about your life. There are then things like ESP, the paranormal etc, they all fall in to the knowledge catagory. Something that we don't yet understand, but have come to our own conclusions to keep our minds happy (another story). But again I feel it is important to know that these stories are just what we are using now to satisfy our minds until the real truth is revealed.

I'm not going to make assumptions, but I am pretty sure I've lost some of ye, on that one. I took me a lot of posting before some of ye really understood my "Sleeping Problems" thread.

I enjoy this kind of stuff, and probably think about it too much, but it's too damn interesting to ignore. :cool:

;-phobos-)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i used ot think about it a fair bit too.. god, the universe, paranormal activities etc

in the end i decided that there is nothing "paranormal" it's just a normality we haven't come to terms with yet :)

and then I just stopped thinking about it, it's nothing "mystical", it's just there. same as gravity or any other force, nothing special, nothing new.
    i don't really care any more :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭phobos

Originally posted by Mordeth
    in the end i decided that there is nothing "paranormal" it's just a normality we haven't come to terms with yet :)
    My point exactly, nice one :)

When we think paranormal, we're just thinking of the story that masks what we haven't come to terms with yet (in that instance).

;-phobos-)

Advertisement