Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV Internet

Options
  • 07-07-2002 9:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭

I am useing UTV internet to Dial up the internet now the first few time i try to dial up it does not work and sometimes it rings until someone picks up the phone on the other end!!! I can't think what is wrong. Any Ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

By the sounds of things your not using the correct number to dial into the isp, double check it and make sure its correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭BioHazRd

I dial up to utv internet on 1890 927171. I have never had any problem. Is this the number you are dialing. Have you got the local area code turned off? It may be prefixing this number with something else (eg. 01, 021 etc.)

Just something to start with

Bio

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

it rings until someone picks up the phone on the other end!!!

Are you actually saying some one as in a person picks up the phone and says "hello"???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Kappar

Originally posted by Saruman

Are you actually saying some one as in a person picks up the phone and says "hello"???

Yes some lady picks it up!

I am dialing that number
    Not sure what it is?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,338 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

It's probably the settings in the DUN connection, what OS are you using?
    Try dialling the POP number on a phone and see if the same thing happens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

I had that problem with Eircom (Waterford).
    What it was, was i had 331551 instead of 331501 and some woman used to get pissed off with me ringing her at 3 in the morning. Double and triple check the number

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Originally posted by Kappar
    Yes some lady picks it up!

i didn't think that was possible. LOL :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Styx

sorry for reply to old post but....

http://modemsite.com/56k/dunserror.asp

Check out error #677 :)

Chuck

Advertisement