Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Part time jobs in IT in Dublin?

• 07-07-2002 10:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭

I don't know how you guys cope with the expenses but I've found out my life would be a lot easier with a bit of extra cash. A steady job is something I definitely can't give up, but having worked two jobs for over three years abroad made me think - why not do it here?

I'm just wondering if there's anyone doing it, or has any recommendations? I've been doing contract work for some large companies as my "second job", such as airlines etc. I do pretty much everything, from Java, JSP/Servlets, to ASP, PHP, Perl etc on the web and server side, to database design and administration (Oracle, Sybase, to the all popular MySQL and PostgreSQL) to setting up servers (UNIX, NT, Linux), software and hardware setups, networking etc.

I'd love to hear the experiences of others. Somehow working behind the counter in Tesco or McDonalds doesn't appeal to me :)

If anyone's looking for a reliable jack-of-all-trades, developer/system administrator/dba please PM me.

Advertisement