Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying guitars off the web?

Options
  • 08-07-2002 12:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭

Do any of the big guitar maker brands sell directly from their website?

Most of the ones i have visited have a find your nearest dealer thing but the nearest one is always in newyork or such.

If not if i want to import a guitar is it best to go to a guitar shop or somewhere else?

I guess i could always try e-bay ... :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

Buying a guitar online ain't good.

You see, when the manufacters make the guitars, they just make the guitars. They then get sent to guitar shops who then adjust them suitable for playing.

But when buying them online, they go from the manufacturer straight to a warehouse without being serviced. So it comes straight to you like a piece of wood

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Jaicster

So how do i get a guitar only available in the US or an american made guitar? I guess i just gotta fork out.
    Anyway its not that important to me i was just wondering

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

If its a reasonably popular guitar made by Fender or Gibson etc. They all have branches in Europe that supply european dealers so it isnt too expensive to order it in. I got my fender through a local shop (best price I found by a couple of hundred quid) that ordered it from fender europe. Deliveries are goin on all the time so the extra costs arent much to add 1 guitar to a delivery. Maybe its more expensive for less well known guitars tho.

Advertisement