Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rackmountable Whitebox Servers ?

Options
  • 08-07-2002 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know of any Irish or UK company making their own rackmountable servers ? I'm looking for a server to compete with the Dell PowerEdge 1650 (1.13GHz Proc) but a helluva a lot cheaper - the Dell box costs 2500 EUR with Win2K O/S and 3 year warranty.

Any help or poniters would be much appreciated....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

I've been looking for cheap rackmount cases to build a server. In the US, from aberdeeninc, a 4U case is $99. In the UK, the cheapest I've found is £175. :( Anyone know of a place selling decent value cases?

Brendan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

Check out www.encom.ie - they build all of our machines, or pm/email me a spec directly and I can get you a price,

HTH, Steve

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭jArgHA

Thanks Steve,
    Their prices look pretty reasonable alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

We keep a range of standard configs in stock, and get big discounts, if you want to mail me a spec, I can also give you a direct price :)

Steve

Advertisement