Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fu**in Spam!!

• 08-07-2002 3:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Im not too sure if im posting in the right place but hopefully someone can help me!!

I am recieving 5/6 Spam emails a day from different companies but they are all using the same mailing list which they obviously bought from www.yourbizz.com.

I have contacted yourbizz.com but (surprise surprise) no reply!

Is it too late to stop these wan**rs emailing me since they have obviously sold my address to alot of different companies?

Thanks
    :confused:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

It's too late I'm afraid Eurofficial. Once your address is out there, that's it, particularly if the company responsible is outside the EU. The simplest solution, if you're in a position to do it, is to redirect the tainted address to another account, and use a new one for regular email. I change my address in this way about every quarter. :)

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Eurofficial

The thing is...I cant tell what email address its it being sent to! It just says in the header that its sent to marketingpros@mailing.yourbizz.com

When giving out my email address online I usually use the address nospam@eurofficial.com and then setup an auto responder thanking them for their spam but telling them where to to stick it!

I reckon this company harvested my email address from my site!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Can you post the full headers here eurofficial? Or PM them to me? There should be /some/ clue in there.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Eurofficial

Hi Adam,

I went onto the unsubscribe form and entered my email address about 80 times.
    That semed to get their attention :p

They assure me they will look into it!!

Thanks 4 your help!

Advertisement