Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sea Fishing

Options
  • 08-07-2002 4:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭

was at the galway airshow yesterday. we anchored behinf the navy ship(to anyone who was there) and started fishing
    we caught 3 ray(2 VERY small ones which we returned,one about 8-10LB) and 5 dogfish(all returned,all small)
    quite good fishing considering that we were only a few hundred meters of salthill :) )
    we caught lots of pollock/coal fish but they were REALLY small and most went back. mackrel were scarse and small :(
    god what is happening to species size?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭jd

A few of us in work are going out on a charter from Killala on Friday..Hopefully we'll get some thing to write about(or pics worth posting...)
    jd

oh I ache, and I had to drive back to Dublin after. Best fish was an 8lb ling for me, we caught 9/10 different species. Plenty of mackerel around.

bad pics

gurnard.jpg
    tub gurnard
    ling2.jpg
    8lb ling and a 170lb uglybastard!
    cwrasse.jpg
    cuckoo wrasse

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

Was shore fishing last week at Seafield, near Kilkee Co. Clare.
    Caught 1 Bass the first night, nothing the second or third!

Must have got the last one!!

Well I'm down in Wexford this weekend, and I'm going to try for some bass again...
    They are around according to here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

nice webpage there... do you know any similar site based farther west? Ballycotton/Youghal/Ardmore area?

Originally posted by Illkillya
    nice webpage there... do you know any similar site based farther west? Ballycotton/Youghal/Ardmore area?
    Fraid not, I picked up the wexford ones through a lot of searching and through newsgoups.
    As I said, anybody come across good sites I'll put them in the Links ticky!

Originally posted by Illkillya

part of www.beach-caster.com

http://www.btinternet.com/~kevin.l.j.knight/reports-IRE-S.htm

not sure how up to date it is...

Advertisement