Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flat rate rumours ?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

I would be a tiny bit skeptical on this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

This is probably bollocks. 'i heard from a mate..' :)

If it were true tho, it sounds like a good deal. In fact it sounds like the perfect way to give the average Joe Soap 'flat rate'. Most residential consumers who want flat rate would be happy enough with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

I've posted what I think about it on that particular thread itself so you can read it for yourselves but, to summarise, I don't think it's true and, even if it was, I still wouldn't be happy with it because it's not "proper" flat-rate because you're still paying for a call.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Seems like rubbish :( - but perhaps in addition to the rumours going around about esat, eircom are about to release some form of flat rate...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Originally posted by aidan_dunne
    I've posted what I think about it on that particular thread itself so you can read it for yourselves but, to summarise, I don't think it's true and, even if it was, I still wouldn't be happy with it because it's not "proper" flat-rate because you're still paying for a call.

Well to split hairs, it is actual flat rate in the true sense of the word. Its just not the same as the FRIACO model.

Also, its better than anything available atm, if it did turn out to be true.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭BoneCollector

i dont think paying up front for a monthly fee and then paying 11c each time you dial up is a fair deal. especialy if you want to be able to connect as many times as you like. and as it was already stated, if you have a bad connection and the connection drops you will be penalised with another charge?? (I dont think so." ") this is NOT! a good deal for the perspective consumer. And once again... THIS IS NOT! FLAT RATE! (infact its 10 times worse than no limits! because of the accumulated costs of connecting at 11c each time) connect 200 times and it costs you another €22

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭MDR

There may be some truth in it, but €18 seems a little too low ...hum.

There may be some truth in it, but €18 seems a little too low ...hum.

OH! Great!
    Someone that willing to pay more (thats all the encouragement we need to drive the price up even further)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Uh, BoneCollector, calm down eh? Some of us would pay far above that for the simple reason that we depend on the Internet for our livelihoods, and it would be cheaper than it is at the moment. Needs musten.

adam

Oh No! another one!
    Oh dats it, where doomed! :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

It sounds like a very good deal to me assuming you wouldn't have to pay extra to subscribe to an isp, e.g. eircomnet.

BoneCollector,

I need to live in the real world, I need to be realistic.

I live in the real world.. where do you live??
    I`ll come round and beat you senseless.. Oh! sorry, your already there, :D:D i mean sencefull!! :D

the last thing we need is encouragment to drive prices up!? as the last 2 post seem to be doing, hell! dont you want cheap or are you so deperate that you will encourage high prices just so it has the title "FLAT RATE!" In that case just subcribe to i-stream,, i believe it already complies to these conditions. (suits you sir!)

BoneCollector,

I have no love for the incumbant, nor the OLO's, nor the ODTR and their random number price generators. But what we don't need at IOFFL is go to the other extreme, demanding the services they blatantily and unapologictally, over-charge us for, at ridiculousily low price. We would then loose the arguement, as we would be seen to be asking a business to provide a service at a lose.

I choose to fight at the middle ground, a reasonable price for a reasonable service. We would need to have more specifics about the service before I could make a reasonable judgement on the price, its too earily to make a call, and represents poor judgement on my part. Perhaps with call charges included €18 is a reasonable price, its remains to be seen, too earily to call it me thinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Yes one thought, its not Flat Rate, flat rate is a once off fee and no other charges.

Personally I believe this is a baseless rumour. Eircom are not proactive they are reactive, the only way they will offer flat rate access is if its legislated by our Government (fat chance) or by the EU.

Gandalf.

Gandalf,

Dunno, I have been hearing rumours too.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

How many times have we heard rumours that have amount to nothing on this board :)

Gandalf.

and their random number price generators

Jeez, if they're random there must be one hell of an offset. :)

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 5,396 ✭✭✭ando

i know its not true flat rate, but i for one would still pay up for it, IF it supports Isdn and IF the rumours are true.... *still very doubtfull*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

I'd gladly pay over €50 for proper flat rate, I'd actually pay €75+ for something like a 24/7 nolimits.

BoneCollector I know this freaks you out.

Also, You may not like to hear that I would happily pay over a euro for a pint of beer and over €1000 for a new car. I guess I'm just plain daft or something.

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I'd actually pay €75+ for something like a 24/7 nolimits.
    In that case i have just the thing! 4 U :)
    Mad! Hatters Internet Product for 24/7 @ €75+

Um Suits you sir ;)

I'd gladly pay over €50 for proper flat rate, I'd actually pay €75+ for something like a 24/7 nolimits.

I don't get this. 24/7 nolimits would /be/ flat-rate, surely?

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

maybe the €50 was for off peak or something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

I'm sorry, its jet lag from my long airplane journey to Aberdeen. :P

What I meant was I'd pay €50 for the existing no limits and €75 for a 24/7 version.

What I meant was I'd pay €50 for the existing no limits and €75 for a 24/7 version.

What I meant was I'd pay €50 for offpeak/weekend and €75 for a 24/7 version.

Advertisement