Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

sweaty hands and feet - hyperhidrosis

• 08-07-2002 9:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭

It's a condition that supposedly affects 1/500 or so. I don't know much about it other than the seriousness of it varies from some extreme cases involving people who's shoes fill with and hands fill with puddles. Then there are the mild cases such as my own where my hands sweat now and then. My feet less so.
    It can be embarrassing if you have to shake hands with someone, and in times of intimacy. Although I haven't been extremely embarrassed by it, because I have been at a wedding, funeral and family reunion within the last two weeks (hectic) and shaken many hands within that period but it wasn't too bad.
    I feel it can be aggrevated psychologically as well and apparently it comes to the horizon in the teenage years. (which I am in)
    There is medication and deodorants for it, and then again there is an operation you can have done to clear the problem.

So, does anybody else suffer from this problem??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭Smiler

Yeah man, I used to suffer from that as well when I was a teenager. I'm 25 now and I grew out of it.

If I'm really nervous I still get it now and again.

But you will probably grow out of it.

I still get it really bad if I'm on a plane, just at take off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭walt

It gets aggrevated moreso when I'm sitting down believe it or not. If I'm outside or something in the cool air it's not a bother. And of course, I sweat like a pig when I train. (weights and taekwondo)
    There does be puddles of sweat around me like in the dojo hall!
    I'm afraid somebody's gonna slip and break their neck!
    It's scary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭Baldy

I'll post on this later on to elaborate but i gotta go back to work, I too suffer a little from that! but I'll tells ya later!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭Baldy

I too have/had this problem! I sweat alot when i run or cycle! But i usually give to loads when im training. I used to sweat like mad, mainly I think i was very self-conscience. But i've gain alot of self-confidence so I find that I dont sweat as much

Yeah, I think anxiety can be a contributor to the problem. If I'm nervous I tend to sweat a lot more. But if I'm relaxed I forget about the sweating, and it usually subsides unknown to me.
    But then again it doesn't always work. There is a deodorant called 'Maxim' which I ordered off the net recently, supposedly this deodorant is very effective at combatting even extreme cases of this problem. I think it's about the only deodorant that there is around for it, you can apply to it tour feet and hands, etc.
    We'll see if it works or not when and if I do EVER recieve it (I've been waiting for months and they can't seem to track it, I think they're reshipping)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Chaos

Hey davey....took some interest in this thread as i sweat like a bast***8 under my arms at times. Found this stuff tho
    http://www.coradhealthcare.com/

order like four bottles to see if it actualy works which i was sceptical cause ive tried loads of things. But glad to say ive used it twice now and its my first day in work since i did and im dry under my arms!!!!! it works by shrinking your pores at niught as thats when you apply it cause you dont sweet then really. Give it ago anyway so far all i can say is that it works great! but only using it a while no so dont hold me to anything.... mail me if you want more info

johnmmm@indigo.ie

oops just read your last post davey...ye its good got in about a week mind you :)

I've been waiting for ages chaos, like 45 days now it's been since order was sent. They said a few days ago they were going to track it, but they haven't responded. They also said they'd reship and 'assured' me of recieving the order. But how much ****ing longer will it take? I think I deserve 10 bottles of it heh
    Ye chaos I hear its good stuff alright though, if it is I'll be getting it regularly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Chaos

Makes you a bit itchy but its a small price to pay!
    i got the 4 bottle deal it should last 6months easy you only need to apply a tiny bit but in your case i dunno you may need more. Expensive stuff too but its worth it! keep nagging them untill they do somthing too a mail a day should keep them on there toes, dont see how there gonna track it either as they just air mail it not like they dhl it :)

Advertisement