Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CNBC Viewing Figures on NTL

• 08-07-2002 11:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

I'm told there was mention on an RTE Radio prog on Monday of
    CNBC having viewing figuers that are nearly too samll to measure
    and that NTL are thinking about dropping it, anyone else
    hear this?

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

I can't believe that, Mike. Surely all the Market Research that NTL did before they made the move to drop Eurosport and replace it with CNBC 24/7 (apart from PPV) was justified. Did they not say that there was a huge demand for news/business programmes in Ireland?

I can't believe it - NTL would never try to pull the wool over our eyes. I think it's all a plot... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭colinsky

i hope not. i watch it fairly regularly, and really appreciate it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

I watch it too, but I don't know many other people who do. I suppose there's also the price factor and there's no way of knowing how much or little NTL is paying to carry the channel. Cablelink used to run CNN until they started charging.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭colinsky

well, past history doesn't look good.

ntl dropped eurosports right before the olympics, and tv5 before the main round of the french elections. now with major stock chaos going on, it would be consistant for them to drop cnbc....

Advertisement