Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new guitar?

Options
  • 09-07-2002 12:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭

I have a strat which is kinda fLlcked so i am gonna buy a new guitar, i dont want to buy another strat as nearly everyone has one or had one at some stage.

Whats the telecaster like, much of a difference compared to the strat or should i go for something a little more far out?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Telecastors are great guitars. I'd recommend a USA tele anyday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Jaicster

How bout an Gibson SG or Gothic SG .. mmmm
    Theres a range of prices the more you pay the better hardware you get pick ups, machine head, bridge.

Or get the double one :)

Altho a lot of ppl have them and its know as a bitch guitar
    (only sayin it coz a m8 has 1 and i don't)

Theres plastic ones in waltons with weird paint jobs, i think they look **** tho, but their ment to be better than wood guitars coz they don't expand with head so they stay in tune longer or some thing.

Just take a look at BC Rich ones..

Theres another one called a maverick i think i want one of them myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

First off, what type of music do you play?

Different guitars suit different styles of music. Its not really all that important really but some are better than others at playing certain styles. Here's a short guide.

Blues: A Les Paul, Telecaster
    Pop: Telecaster, Strat
    Jazz: Gibson/Epiphone Semi-solids
    Soft Rock: Les Paul, Strat
    Hard Rock: Les Paul, BC Rich Mockingbird, Strat
    Metal: Any BC Rich, Jackson Soloist, ESP guitars
    Nu Metal: Anything that sounds sh1t

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

i love my aria II pro, although giblet didnt like it!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

My hand is wrapped up at the moment so i cant actually try one out for some time:(, So i suppose i have plenty of time to research it a bit more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Bombidol, i never said i didn't like your guitar, it's just that it was too low for me:) but i do think you should consider changing the fretboard, was too flat feeling, wasn't right. But your pickups are good:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

i love that fretboard, thats one of the reasons i bought that guitar, great for power chords, its just the right width for me too, i have it low all right, really low, like it that way:)
    Rawk On!

Advertisement